Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Do you

Hire a unit/office
20.9%
9 (20.9%)
work from home
79.1%
34 (79.1%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Sapphire Window Cleaning

Hiring a unit
« on: March 25, 2010, 02:28:33 pm »
Just curious how many of you guys hire a unit/office or if you work from home.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

East coast window cleaning Services

Re: Hiring a unit
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 02:39:31 pm »
to expensive down here in london mate use my garage to make me water and dining table for invoicing lol
P&R Window Cleaning

Lee Pryor

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 02:44:11 pm »
we have a unit, i looked for 2 years to find the right place, purpse buitl is too expensive, we are on a farm, looked at a few of these and much cheaper.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Window Washers

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 03:20:57 pm »
Have a unit on an industrial estate
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Steve CM

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 03:26:07 pm »
i have a unit...but i'm moving it back home

business phones
business rates
business utilitys

soon as you mention the word business people seem to think its fair to charge the earth. so to save my costs i'm moving it back home with a view in the next few years to buy a house with space and either a double garage or out house for office...i can't see the point in the extra cost unless you really struggle for space. my single garage will be a squeeze but will do for the time being!

Andy@w.c.s

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 03:30:16 pm »
same as me , just got rid of a unit was costing over 6 k a year
nice space but its eazeier to save 6k than work and find an extra 6

Andy

supernova77

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 04:06:44 pm »
I'm just about to take on a unit... It's on a farm near to where I live, about the size of a double garage = £100 a month.

Andy

matt

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 04:26:18 pm »
i can see the point of a unit if you employ more than a handfull of blokes ( afterall, you dont want them around your house ( though builders i have worked for used to convert the garage for office / work space , the best i had seen was a garage and the up and over door changed to a pair of side-hung doors opening out ) then just inside that he had a storage space and then a wall with a door and window in it, then his office space )

if you are a 1 man band or just employ 1 or 2 others, i cannot see the point

paul rulton

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2010, 04:46:45 pm »
all u would ave 2 do is work even harder 2 pay 4 it  ??? no thanks  ;D
who needs yet another bill  ??? not me  ;D

Steve CM

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2010, 04:52:55 pm »
I'm just about to take on a unit... It's on a farm near to where I live, about the size of a double garage = £100 a month.

Andy

you can't grumble at that. as long as there are no other costs involved then thats all good!

mine was costing 6k a year before the silly BT bills ::)

It is nice having all your gear away from the house. Not having a garage full off equpiment. Not having vans going up and down the road upsetting the neighbours but oh well they will have to live with it again :)

gr cleaning solutions

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2010, 05:03:11 pm »
I work from home ,a corner in the dinning room lol so this year im going to gut the garage out and but a bench in and make into work shop im luckly i can get the motor in with the ladders still on top so no messing around take them on and off every night

Dave Willis

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2010, 05:06:06 pm »
Use my spare garage now the Bugatti has sold.

paul rulton

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2010, 05:08:33 pm »
Use my spare garage now the Bugatti has sold.
pick my veyron week  ::)  ;D

jdemarco

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2010, 06:46:21 pm »
Yeh ive got a unit on an industrial estate 2miles from my house...its huge, its split into 3 sections and each section is the size of 3 garages.
 1 section has all been turned into offices a kitchen and 2 toilets.
 The end section is where i keep 1000ltr tanks x 5 and this is where i drive in to fill up each night and the middle section i sublet to a domestic appliance friend of mine.
 The whole unit/factory costs me 4k a year...which is tax deductable.
The beauty of it is you keep work and home life separate.

Doing the business trad its not much of an issue but wfp takes up a hell of alot more space. and its all part of expansion for me ive got somewhere big enough to expand 10 times over which gives me extra incentive to drive the business forward.

When i worked from home i didnt get half as much work done due to distractions but here you come to work in the morning and when you go home you leave your work behind its alot less stress and its really enjoyable coming to work.
 keeps the missus happy too!

j demarco

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2010, 07:20:42 pm »
We are moving into a unit/office next month.
we are also going to start supplying equipment etc, so need the space too.

£40 per week, its on a farm, and theres several units there.

dean123

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2010, 07:40:47 pm »
good luck matt hope it works out for yuo

although be careful on farms as i know1 person who lost a lot of expensive gear when it got screwed
security is a piority on the hard to reach /out in the sticks

paul rulton

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2010, 07:44:17 pm »

all the best with that MB. Craig talks very highly of u  :) will give u a look when
 u get sorted m8  ;)

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2010, 07:45:39 pm »
Dean they have several CCTV units dotted around the units and 3 seperate gates.
The guy owns a racing team lol, very very expensive vehicles.
My other half is also looking at several businesses with regards to contents insurance for commercial units.

Matt

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2010, 07:49:08 pm »

all the best with that MB. Craig talks very highly of u  :) will give u a look when
 u get sorted m8  ;)

lol
Craig has helped me out a lot since I moved down here, he will always try and  help you out. He is very down to Earth too, Both Craig and Dean are great guys.

Matt

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2010, 08:50:58 pm »
What an interesting thread, you don't get much on here that's new, so well done for that.

Recently i wanted to get another van and keep my old one, ie two vans instead of one, but what stopped me was having to park on the drive. I let my old van go for peanuts - 05 650l for two ops hot.

My house has always doubled as a work space. I had a small three bedroom house and two bedrooms and the bathroom were full of stock. Later this migrated to a double garage and a large shed. When i began wc'ing wfp i filled a trailer every night with a roman 300.Later i got an ibc and kept this outside screened off behind the shed.

Now i have another shed (16' by 10') where a 4040 and ibc live.

If you have ever seen one of those christmas german markets that's what my back garden looks like.Keeping work and home seperate is not what i'm good at. I didn't have a day off for seven years, and if i had to go somewhere i went in a van.

I live on an estate, but have always wanted one of those houses with an in and an out drive, also even when i had a standard scudo this would not fit in the garage with a roof rack on, so a triple garage with a specially raised roof would be good.No more worry on frosty nights.