Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

Malc Gold - Totterdown?
« on: March 24, 2010, 05:28:29 pm »
I've been asked to do a gutter clean in Totterdown and can't really understand why. I'm a fair few miles away. Is it a really rough area or something?
It's a block of flats. Haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

Frankybadboy

Re: Malc Gold - Totterdown?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 08:37:35 pm »
some nice big houses in totterdown ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

paul rulton

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 08:43:11 pm »
haha r they all that colourful ????? 8)

martinsadie

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 09:22:54 pm »
This is Totterdown, its about a mile from Temple Meads Station. Its a dump

and always has been.
which one is yours Matt  :D

gnasher

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 02:34:55 pm »
Just don't go in the Oxford Pub (Over the road from Tesco Metro) for a swift one!

If you do wear a Stab Proof vest!!!..... :-X

AuRavelling79

Re: Malc Gold - Totterdown? New
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 09:23:24 pm »
Totterdown is a funny mix. It used to house railway workers and was a bit rough - then folk started to buy the low end private housing and it now has some younger first time buyers and city workers living there as it's only just over a mile from the city centre and Temple Meads station is even closer.

It has a lot of Victorian Terraces in it too.

It still has a community spirit though. It also boasts what is supposedly the steepest residential street in England (Vale Street) and the cars have to be parked at an angle to the kerb. You can see it on Google maps.

So the rough element is still there but it's a bit like Avonmouth where I bought my first house - ex dock workers houses and now useful for those wanting to get on the property ladder too.

Although I am only about 5 miles away along the A4 Portway and across the river Avon - it is a right pain to get to as the roads to it get very congested and cross many of the main commuter roads into Bristol.
It's a game of three halves!