Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Prestige1

Stainguard treatment how do you clean it?
« on: July 16, 2005, 11:14:38 pm »
This may be a silly question but if a carpet has been stainguarded does the cleaning process ie hot water extraction remove it? and therfore will need to be treated again or once its on it stays on?
your thoughts please
Kind regards Phil
Who Dares Wins

Mike Halliday

Re: Stainguard treatment how do you clean it?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2005, 08:40:10 pm »
Phil, if you use a high Ph pre-spray or detergent then you can strip off any protector.

some could say this is a good thing because it gives you the opportunity to re-sell an aplication of protector once you've finished cleaning. if you don't reapply a protector then you are setting yourself up for a fall later on.

if you clean it today and do a fantastic job, removing all the dirt & stain ( but also any stainguard) and in a years time the customer calls you back to clean it again but this time it has no protection then you might not get the same great result as last time. it will reflect badly on you.

use a chemical that does'nt remove protector.

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2005, 08:42:31 pm »
that is a very correct answer. nothing more can be added.
listen,learn.and benefit. try. reward.and love, peace harmony.feng shui. and all that. it improves ones selling .to ones customers.reap THE HARVEST WHILST YOU CAN. and try to crush the opposition.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2005, 09:37:01 pm »
Ron , a really obvious question could be added to this thread ;) ;)

Eg WHICH  chemicals don't remove protector?

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2005, 09:49:32 pm »
CORRECT. BUT I CANT HELP YOU ANSWER THAT ONE.AS i havent a clue ???
listen,learn.and benefit. try. reward.and love, peace harmony.feng shui. and all that. it improves ones selling .to ones customers.reap THE HARVEST WHILST YOU CAN. and try to crush the opposition.

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2005, 10:19:14 pm »
is there such a thing?

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2005, 10:19:47 pm »
I was always taught that a neutral or low ph cleaner would not remove protector but protector is like a skin if you keep going over the same spot it will eventually be removed, also on  heavily used items it will wear out faster than lighter used.

Also to remember when applying protector after cleaning the chances of it working if you use high ph cleaner to clean with is very low to zero.

Shaun

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2005, 10:23:55 pm »
I use a range of chemical solutions that do not remove protective treatments in the cleaning process.........................cannot name for fear of upsetting some people and i could do without the whining  ::)

John_Flynn

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2005, 10:27:03 pm »
No 2 from Solutions does not remove Staingard.

There Chris a lad from upt'north has said it for you.
I get better looking each day!!

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2005, 10:32:24 pm »
I'm not an A/S member but I do like T 4 "2" and may be "2" 4 T ("2"pointed out for Chris, I didn't want to make it into a roadshow again mate!!)

Shaun

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2005, 10:33:29 pm »
Many thanks John  ;D

Shaun  ???

dave401uk

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2005, 11:17:46 pm »
At last he admits he dosnt have a clue.

LONG LONG overdue
Its never a pass of the wand,just a master stroke.

Prestige1

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2005, 06:40:52 pm »
Many thanks to all for your replies. I have been on the NCCA Course 12 months but did not cover this area or I did not pick up on it.
Kind regards Phil
Who Dares Wins

*paul_moss

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2005, 10:58:08 pm »
Phil
I use Solugard protector from Solutions.
It is a nanotechnology protector ( the carpet fibres actually go through a polymer change) The results are very good and it has a pretty long life ( dependent on fibre type,age,use etc).
If you then in the future reclean the carpet with any of the solution micro splitters, they will  not rempve any of the protector so a need to reapply just because of cleaning should not be necessary.

Regards
Paul
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2005, 11:10:39 pm »
THE NANO TECHNOLOGY. that welsh sheep has finally gone to grass. what on earth do we want it to last longer we want it to go each time we clean. thats how we make our money. anyway for the best protector go to express supplies our sponsor. ps you are a dirty lot youve been watching big brother to see if orla gets her hit off DISGUSTING. p[aul is that other part of the sheep in your tummy :o :o :o :P

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2005, 11:15:41 pm »
That just goes to show how much of a cow boy you really are, You probably sell protector on poly prop aswell.

Surely professionalism and quality will always bring repeat custom and your cow boy methods will just bring you a bad name.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't use other protectors because there are some very good ones but your comment shows yourself in your true colours!

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2005, 11:21:35 pm »
oh so what you are saying our spoNsor express cleaning supplies only sells inferior products SHAME ON YOU THEY SELL THE BEST MORE THAN WILL EVER GET THROUGH YOUR UNIFORM. LOVE PEACE

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2005, 11:24:18 pm »
I'm not saying that you shouldn't use other protectors because there are some very good ones but your comment shows yourself in your true colours!

I was referring to:
THE NANO TECHNOLOGY. that welsh sheep has finally gone to grass. what on earth do we want it to last longer we want it to go each time we clean. thats how we make our money.

*paul_moss

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2005, 11:25:25 pm »
Mike I mean Ron give it a rest.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2005, 11:29:01 pm »
Dry Fusion sell a protector that bonds to polypropolene!

Shaun