Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stevegunn

Board very quiet
« on: July 15, 2005, 07:54:17 am »
I noticed over the last couple of weeks this board has gone very quiet is there any particular reasons why this is??

No pms maybe ???

jacko

Re: Board very quiet
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 08:11:28 am »
Personally very busy (cleaning!) Very little time to dabble on computer.

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 04:33:44 pm »
Too busy chatting elsewhere without inane comments from Solutions Snipers  ::)

Dave_Lee

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 07:07:17 pm »
Keep posting Steve any excuse, just look at your young lady. ;)
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

stevegunn

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2005, 07:24:45 pm »
I wish she was my young lady I would be spending a lot less time on here if she was ;D

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2005, 07:24:57 pm »
That is actually Steve, before the surgery  :o

Derek

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2005, 05:56:01 am »
Chris

I have to ask....

You have made several comments recently about perceived 'Solutions snipers' etc.

Surely everyone has a right to an opinion whether it be this particular supplier or any other....?

My own view is that I select whichever chemicals I am comfortable with ...I do NOT knock other chemicals that I don't use as it maybe just me not being able to get the result from them I desire...I stress...it maybe me not the chemical.

Derek

peter_collins

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2005, 06:59:01 am »
Steve, everyones been busy engraving their wands and hand tools with their names for security reasons!

Doug Holloway

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2005, 08:09:36 am »
Hi Guys,

The weather is glorious, carpet cleaners are busy it's summer ;D

The 3 main boards are all quite apart from a few saddo's like me. ;)

Cheers,

Doug

dave401uk

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2005, 08:53:09 am »
Steve, if thats your wife in the pic, i hope you wont be breaking her nose for free, and the question, is why this board is quite ; 8) some of the contributors of old on here have a different place to lurk ;) ;) and we dont get swiped at in our new place :) ;D

Dave
Its never a pass of the wand,just a master stroke.

blacksheep

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2005, 09:03:16 am »
so where are you all lurking

Doug Holloway

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2005, 09:29:34 am »
Hi ,

As I understand it there is a Allergstop/Solutions network board.

Cheers,

Doug

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2005, 11:37:36 am »
Derek...............Yes and i will stand by my statement due to the fact that some persons (unnamed) only come into the threads mentioned with V NEGATIVE comments. Some only make the odd sniping comment but most are blatant shooting down. Yes every one is entitled to an opinion and that is why i try to handle it with some degree of patience. I have had communications with people running forums, on this matter, and we seem to have the same opinion of these posters but as you say this is a public forum and differing views is the aim of the game. Hence my own personal view of these pra people is MY honest opinion and my view of the way they attack ANY thread on my preffered products, is openly known and generally widely agreed upon. Derek, you may not knock chemicals you prefer not to use but that is because you are a gentleman with manners and respect for other users  ;)

Doug...........Yes, hence the sedate and interesting conversation without childish disturbances. Bit like being on holiday and sending ankle biters to the Kids Club  ;D
ps. Only place they would give me the gig as moderator ( still they have muzzle at the ready as per new tag  :o )

scott.

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2005, 12:20:53 pm »
Hey steve, I´m replying, and i´m in Alcudia, majorca...in the internat cafe...how sad is that....sadly, no carpets to clean over here though.

Matt Read

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2005, 12:36:47 pm »
My view is that the a/s guys were hyped up at the start, as most people would be when investing in a new area and the intial threads got out of hand when normal questions were asked ,positive and negative.Once the ball got rolling it snowballed into a them and us situation,i don't remember many negative comments aimed at solutions in particular, no more than other companies recieve anyway,it was the big a/s debate that caused the controversy...oh and ron and don for a while !

You are right chris ,it was all playground type stuff,but it came from both sides .
Matt

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2005, 12:52:36 pm »
Matt.
We agree on some parts but not all............. not just A/S critique but generally Solutions based...............success breeds jealousy and contempt.
Response to a childish/immature question must be made at the same level to avoid confusion or non understanding.
My responses to mature and genuine questions or remarks are made in a meticulous and well written way.
I apologise if my manner was childish but as i stated, i talk back the way i am spoken to  ::)
NO ONE IN THIS WORLD DESERVES AUTOMATIC RESPECT......IT HAS TO BE EARNED.

Matt Read

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2005, 01:10:33 pm »
It wasn't aimed at you in particular chris,but i was online a lot at the time it was all going on and a few a/s guys were making threats on the board which were removed quite quickly by the moderators ..i just wanted to balance it up a bit.

I'm up for defending myself if i feel the need and it is quite easy to be dragged into things as you say....in one way i'm glad its not mentioned anymore...in another i'd like to keep up to speed on it as i have had one or two custy's query allergy treatments lately,what with the hay fever season at the mo.

Matt

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2005, 01:24:01 pm »
Matt,
Any queries then feel free to call me or Nick at HQ  ;)

All talk goes on at our AllergSTOP forum so boards elsewhere may experience a bit of a break  ::)...............its okay, we only ever say nice things about you :P

Doug Holloway

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2005, 01:48:51 pm »
Chris,

It has indeed been more sedate and certainly a lot less childish on here recently.

Cheers,

Doug

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2005, 02:29:11 pm »
it may be just a coincidence but hasn't there also been a significant reduction in posts by Sherlock

Goron