Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

Re: Modular Carbon poles
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2010, 07:38:01 pm »
def go for cleantech guys.....why?.....i did my very 1st 75 foot job today with the cleantechs....i had to add 30 odd feet of course using my mavers (alex's) but at 75 feet the fragile end of the pole is the top 20-30 feet and i promise you i had no problems with the cleantech ultralite.....brilliant. 8)

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2010, 08:14:45 pm »
As you know Scrimmy , Alan had it designed originally to be a 100ft pole, its just misuse that causes breakages as with any thin wall mod pole.
Well done.

simon w

« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2010, 07:00:34 pm »
def go for cleantech guys.....why?.....i did my very 1st 75 foot job today with the cleantechs....i had to add 30 odd feet of course using my mavers (alex's) but at 75 feet the fragile end of the pole is the top 20-30 feet and i promise you i had no problems with the cleantech ultralite.....brilliant. 8)
Hi Scrimmy.

I'm just trying to decide on which modular pole to buy and it's been narrowed down to Gardiners SL2 62 footer or Cleantechs Ultralite 62 footer.

Did you get yours supplied with Cleantechs new 12" brush if so are they any good and how do they compare to Gardiners super light brushes? have you had any problems with sections getting stuck? Think I might go with the 62FT Ultralight and fit it with  one of Gardiners superlight brush heads.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2010, 07:39:03 pm »
Used my sl2 for the first time on tuesday. Very light & rigid. Much stronger than it appears too. No trouble lifting it up from the ground at 35 & 40ft.

Will be using it at 60ft next week. ;)

Topclean

« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2010, 07:41:36 pm »
ive had my cleantech ultra light to 75ft today a lot more manageable than i thought,
however iv only had it a couple of months and already broken section 4 and 5. ive now fixed both sections with a glass fibre kit, and also strenthened all overlaps from 1 -6. hope this helps

also ive not had any problems with sections sticking although it can be a two man job sometimes.

my opinion, now iv strenthened the joints is its a really good pole.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2010, 07:45:36 pm »
Does the cleantech pole have base protection on each section like the sl2?

Topclean- how did you break the sections?

Topclean

« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2010, 08:22:07 pm »
yes were the hose clips on, there is a rubber base protecter, its good saves the ends from getting bashed about.

as for braking the sections, number 5 section broke whilst lifting off the window from an angle, in my opinion not a breaking angle. makes me wonder if there may have been a slight crack in it prior.

as for section 4 my own fault, whilst putting the pole up i was rushing and didnt slot it in fully, lifting off i heard and crack and that was that, however as stated i repaired this by stuffing loads of glass fibre inside the top join. This has sorted the problem as today was using the pole at height all day and it was fine.

dont let this put you off, it is a really good pole and so light.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2010, 08:22:58 pm »
ive had my cleantech ultra light to 75ft today a lot more manageable than i thought,
however iv only had it a couple of months and already broken section 4 and 5. ive now fixed both sections with a glass fibre kit, and also strenthened all overlaps from 1 -6. hope this helps

also ive not had any problems with sections sticking although it can be a two man job sometimes.

my opinion, now iv strenthened the joints is its a really good pole.
How did you break 4 and 5 ? Yes it does have  base protectors and it still stacks neatly within itself .