This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

thermoclean

Re: Modular Carbon poles
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2010, 03:37:15 pm »
hi all just to let you know that cts at the windex show is not cleantech they were working along with them on
a few projects but have now went there seperate ways.

as regards the pole many changes have been made to strengthen the pole and with the hose clips we believe
it is the best pole to use at 40 plus feet at the moment. however i agree with wrightsurf that a slightly heavier
pole may be better as i to have used both the cts pole and sl2 on sea front hotels and it can be hard work in
the wind ( not as hard work as a carbon facelift mind).

stevieg the section 7 is the most expensive to make and is £70 plus vat at the moment

as regards the price cts will price match to gardiners or brodex prices on a like for like basis and spare sections are
readily available.

stevieg

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2010, 05:34:35 pm »
Hi Thermoclean i would be interested how you have improved the top 3or 4 sections.In my opinion as i have previously stated the old ones were" unfit for purpose"Until i get a satisfactory answer there is no way that i am going to shell out for replacements as i have gone down that route before!Ps. is there a technical reason(apart from the cost)why the total pole could not just be made up of no 7 sections?

dai

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2010, 06:06:40 pm »
Thermoclean, Can you tell us the wall thickness on the number 3 section please.

Dennis Taylor

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2010, 07:47:58 pm »
Hi chaps,
I've bought one of these poles ( 42' ) and i am very impressed, i have never fancied a modular pole but having tried a friends out, i decided it was the way to go.
The pole is very well made, very stiff and above all very light.
It came with 2 carbon fibre goosenecks ( one to get over deep sills ) and a 4 jet lightweight brush.
My only gripe was that a couple of sections became stuck together and were a real pig to get apart, this has been solved by assembling the pole normally and then wrapping 3 turns of electrical tape under each joint.
This stops them compacting and becoming stuck together.
I have used it about 8 times in the last month and have found that it saves several minutes per house so i either get finished earlier or do an extra job or 2 over the whole day.
These are just my thoughts and i can't comment on any other pole as i haven't tried them, except for a Facelift, which, whilst it is a solid well made pole, it certainly makes you tired by the end of the day.

Dennis

Ken

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2010, 07:34:44 am »
I'm definitely going to get one of these poles, time to email the three companies (that I know of) who supply them and see what deals are being done.

Stay tuned!

cleantech.co.uk

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2010, 11:24:09 am »
Cleantech are doing replacement No 7 sections at £76.50
This pole has been re-worked since the demise of Emporium.
No1 section has been beefed up
Look at info on the pole to see other improvements
Despite rumours on other forums, Cleantech are the only distributor,
and this pole is not made for anyone else, it is exclusive to ourselves.
All posts by Justin @ Cleantech unless specified otherwise

stevieg

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2010, 04:23:26 pm »
Only the No 1 section!!!!!!!!!!!Oh dear.Go for the Gardiners if i were you.

wightsurf

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2010, 04:52:13 pm »
Stevig
Did you have the earlier pole or one of the last made, as i have not had any issues with it. I treat it with care but use it as i would use most poles and have had no probs with it.
It gets used on 40 /45ft work not gone any higher with it.
I don't use it everyday on the domestics, it only comes out on larger jobs a couple times a month although one job it gets work solid all day.
Must be coming up for 2 yrs old now, have to check on that mind.

stevieg

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2010, 06:13:42 pm »
I presume it was a later one as they stopped trading just after i got it!!!!!!!
because no advice came re:sticking sections i had trouble from the off and getting the sections apart started all the problems with breakages!

wightsurf

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2010, 07:33:45 pm »
to be honest i don't think it matters what modular you got when it comes to sticky sections . I use Jeffs tape idea.

stevieg

« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2010, 07:38:04 pm »
I do now,but that was after all different suggestions came to nothing!!!!!!!!

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2010, 07:50:29 pm »
All makes of modular tips can suffer from tiny chips that can then form cracks, I have some pics on camera but cannot post them until my normal Laptop is repaired.The butt rings help prevent dammage to the bases.There is a simple way to strengthen all Modular tips that would cost you about £30 and as soon as I am able to I will post details.

Meanwhile my simple  tape trick works to prevent compression lock up.

ps.  Would somebody mind beating my World Record of 88ft-2" with the Emporium as I am almost ready to go for 100ft  with it, ....as soon as  8)

wightsurf

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2010, 08:02:23 pm »
I think you should youtube it.
I would like to see that in action. I bet you want do that on a windy day  ;D

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2010, 08:10:28 pm »
No not utubes ...helium balloons  ;D  ;D ...joking !

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2010, 05:05:15 am »
This is from the topic over on Matts excellent  diy forum bit old March 2008 but has the basics of how to strengthen the tips of any mod pole. As I mentioned will update it later. Its called "Modular pole wear"

I call this "How to lifeproof your pole" You can see that in the top picture that after 4 years of daily use and abuse the F16 is looking a bit worn on the joints, cracks, chips, splits. The constant making and removing the joints has a pencil sharpener effect and wears the outside face of the pole really thin. What to do ? well my answer is to put a reinforcing washer on the inside of the section which will reinforce the tips. I have been using this for a year now and it works ! Its difficult to write up but a lot easier to do. Basically just cut some new tips from thw spare sections of your unwanted glass fibre Zensorflex sections and slide down inside to the tips so that they protude. Should have done it from new but 4 years ago didnt have the insight that experience can only give you. More later.

Having cut your inserts simply slide them down to the tip and stick them in place, I used model airoplane glue, the blue one and the one to the left of it has been done and is easier to see, inside the pole is approx 2-2 1/2" of the new washer or whatever you want to call it.

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2010, 07:09:48 am »
Cleantech are doing replacement No 7 sections at £76.50
This pole has been re-worked since the demise of Emporium.
No1 section has been beefed up
Look at info on the pole to see other improvements
Despite rumours on other forums, Cleantech are the only distributor,
and this pole is not made for anyone else, it is exclusive to ourselves.

having used the cleantech ultra lite now for a month now i can honestly say that it is a brilliant bit of kit......the fact that you can clip the hose on and off very quickly is a great design feature in my opinion.....i know alex has the velcro tapes and they are good but takes a bit longer to dismantle the poles......so for time saving and ease of use i reckon the cleantech is just ahead of gardiners.....although gardiners have been around a lot longer and have built up a solid reputation in the industry..........both alex and the guys at cleantech have an after sales service that is second to none so i wouldnt worry about comparing the two on that basis.

but for ease of use i reckon you should at least give cleantech a shot. 8)

Ken

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2010, 07:41:44 am »
At the moment, Gardiners have it on price, at £781, Cleantech are £810 and Brodex are asking £1050!
I like the little protector rings on the Gardiners pole, but I also like the hose clips on Cleantech's offering, although simply wrapping the hose round the pole as you assemble it won't be too much of an issue, I reckon.

Further mulling to follow!

cleantech.co.uk

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2010, 09:15:23 am »
Please check prices again, the 62ft cleantech is £770
All posts by Justin @ Cleantech unless specified otherwise

ian1972

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2010, 01:03:17 pm »
is that £770 plus vat so thats £904?

Ken

« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2010, 03:17:38 pm »
Hi there Cleantech, I had an email from Scott quoting me £690+vat, which I calculate to be £810, although your warranty is for 12 months and not 6 like Gardiners...