This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Turley

Ionics Speedliner
« on: March 16, 2010, 07:28:36 am »
Hiya

I'm just looking at the new ionics catalogue and I'm impressed with their "speedliner".

Am I right in thinking this is different to protectacoat?

If so, can you get it from anywhere else?

I'm thinking ahead to my next van this time next year.

Thanks  :)

Chris Cottrell

Re: Ionics Speedliner
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 07:41:03 am »
I think it is protektacote and you can get it anywhere, wcw for one & you can also get it from the manafacturers website the price is almost the same

luther1

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 07:43:40 am »
I had Ionics Speedline my last van. (Trafic) and it was £550. There are firms all over the country that do Speedlining and its not exclusive to Ionics,its just meant to be the best floor protector. I Protekta-Koted my new van myself (£40 i think) and the results are very good. The only benefit of Speedliner (imo) is that you can have it in any colour and that it is sprayed on very thick. You can spray Protekta-Kote now so probably a better option as its alot cheaper and you can't get diy Speedline kits.

Dave Turley

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 07:26:50 am »
Thanks, so it is different, but protectakote is nearly as good, but alot cheaper?

Might protactacote be thicker if it was rollered on? Or would it take forever to dry?

dd

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 06:35:56 pm »
I think speedliner is supposed to be a tougher more durable finish, but you may find protectacote perfectly adequate and a lot cheaper.

phil 1983

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 08:52:56 pm »
a friend had speed liner in new transporter, yes protects floor but ruined ecu as leaked through the bulkhead, costly repaiers :'(

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 09:03:38 pm »
not needed