This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

LTD PLC ??
« on: March 02, 2010, 08:11:07 pm »
Anyone operate as  Limited company or Public Limited ?

If so why and what advantages?

daz1977

Re: LTD PLC ??
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 08:22:03 pm »
one of the advantages of being ltd is that if it goes tits up, all debts are limited to the company and you dont lose your house,

but a lot of banks want director guarantees for loans, so u still got to pay them back

u need a company secretary and a director,  one advantage is if you employ people and get a speeding ticket, that doesnt identify driver, get secretary to say dont know who was driving van, and get fine and no points ;D

if you are a  director of the company, and pay your self, u have to fill out a tax return for you as well as company

every one i know who has gone ltd says it was a waste of time and more hassle

paul rulton

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 08:36:47 pm »
come on peoples...... i want 2c ur answers..... PLEASE ;D ;D

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 08:50:05 pm »
I see steve is limited. This thread might be his chance to shine.

paul rulton

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 08:53:18 pm »
I see steve is limited. This thread might be his chance to shine.
come on steve..... were waitin ::) ::) ::) ;D

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 08:59:51 pm »
hmm, then you have to publish your year results to companies house so everyone can see what you are earning
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

paul rulton

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 09:02:57 pm »
hmm, then you have to publish your year results to companies house so everyone can see what you are earning
WOT :o!!! IS THAT TRUE ::)??? OR U MESSIN ABOUT ?????

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 09:06:11 pm »
My wife spoke to our accountant about going ltd. For us its something we will do in the near future. Best thing I would say is to speak to your accountant or an accountant to see if it will suit your business.

It has its advantages for sure, not everything suits everyone.

Plc is a public listed company on the stock exchange that any tom dick or harry can buy shares. Your talking BIG business there. I believe MITIE are a plc, so unless your planning a very rapid growth, don't worry about plc.
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 09:10:04 pm »
Yes once your ltd your accounts become public knowledge. Maybe even if your not ltd yet, but I'm not too sure about that one.

I remember watching the apprentice and they interviewed one of the women and said her accounts were different to her application form. She asked how they knew and she was told that they had a copy of her accounts as they were on public record.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 09:10:58 pm »
WOT :o!!! IS THAT TRUE ::)??? OR U MESSIN ABOUT ?????

yes, google companies house website.  You need to send in your end of year accounts.

On the plus side, you keep your business name protected.  No one else can register the same name as you can when a sole trader.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

paul rulton

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 09:12:08 pm »
OH SOD THAT THEN... IVE GOT A VERY VERY MONEY HUNGRY X WIFE :o :-[

daz1977

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2010, 09:13:55 pm »
think going ltd is fun wait till u go vat registered

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2010, 09:14:35 pm »
Yes once your ltd your accounts become public knowledge. Maybe even if your not ltd yet, but I'm not too sure about that one.

I remember watching the apprentice and they interviewed one of the women and said her accounts were different to her application form. She asked how they knew and she was told that they had a copy of her accounts as they were on public record.

No legal requirment to submit your Balance sheet & P&L to CH if you are a sole trade.  Just need to do your tax returns :(

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2010, 09:16:21 pm »

No legal requirment to submit your Balance sheet & P&L to CH if you are a sole trade.  Just need to do your tax returns :(

Wasn't too sure, so thought best to say I wasn't sure on that one.

Thanks for that info though :)

davids3511

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2010, 09:26:19 pm »

Not true unless your turnover is above 2m. If it is below you send in an abreviated set from which it is impossible to tell what you are earning.

davids3511

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 09:29:55 pm »
See here for example - http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/2c0ee8b3fa07eedfbde5b03c6bb47fa1/compdetails

Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/05/2009  (TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL)

The TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL is the part that tells you the accounts are not a full set.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2010, 10:22:22 pm »
See here for example - http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/2c0ee8b3fa07eedfbde5b03c6bb47fa1/compdetails

The TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL is the part that tells you the accounts are not a full set.

Oh that is priceless er ... very helpful davids3511!  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

matt

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2010, 10:24:58 pm »

thats not a fair example, whoever this company is, they are ltd, but just in name, they are not earning the amounts that most ltd companies earn ( or aim to earn )

my guess is its just some1 attempting to look the part ( being ltd ) , but as most know, its not hard to find the details out from companies house, so when this AQUA TECHNOLOGY LIMITED act the big boys for contracts, when a little research is done it doesnt add up and they look what they are ( a company trying to look big )

matt

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2010, 10:31:05 pm »

thats not a fair example, whoever this company is, they are ltd, but just in name, they are not earning the amounts that most ltd companies earn ( or aim to earn )

my guess is its just some1 attempting to look the part ( being ltd ) , but as most know, its not hard to find the details out from companies house, so when this AQUA TECHNOLOGY LIMITED act the big boys for contracts, when a little research is done it doesnt add up and they look what they are ( a company trying to look big )

well it adds up

they are a ironics user  ::) ::) i wonder if they were taught the ltd trick from ironics window cleaning school

stephen s

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2010, 11:10:16 pm »
spot on mattress  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D