This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pristine Clean

Pest Control
« on: February 28, 2010, 05:39:59 pm »
Hi

I wondered if anyone here does Pest Control along side there cleaning.

I am refering to commercial pest control of rodents, insects etc and if you could advise on courses for the legal requirements.

Thanks

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

The Great One

Re: Pest Control
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 06:25:12 pm »

BDCS

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 07:03:32 pm »
I'm in the middle of the killgerm foundation courses, 2 day insect course, 1 day rodent course and 1 day safe use of pesticides. Once you have done these you can buy the chemicals but you still need the practical experience. You would also need an airgun course, mole course etc etc. I'm just going to start with wasps nests this year but you can set up for most things for about £1500. I am looking for another avenue if the drains come to an end

Pristine Clean

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 07:15:01 pm »
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the helpful replies.

Air gun course - sounds intersting. I have other guns and shotguns, (Licenced)

Cheers

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

johnny_h

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 07:47:39 pm »
i have done the killgerm courses and can highly recomend them im going on 2 more courses this year bird control and their mole course
ive been window cleaning for nearly 4 years now and you are reliant too much on the weather but with pest control the customer needs you and is willing to pay upto a point
you also get to see some things youd never usually get to see like last year up the top of the local church bell tower the graffiti from the choir boys done in the 1800's and from the lads who went off to fight in the first world war   
AUDI VIDE TACE

Phild

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 08:21:16 am »
I agree with Johny_ H. I have a pal who did the courses purely and simply because he realised he couldn't keep doing the physical job that he was doing as he got older and that pest control wasn't quite as physical and he could keep that up. What he didn't realise was that as an independant he could be a lot more competetive and bring added value to the job compared to a wage-slave working for one of the big boys. Also by doing the proper courses and becoming part of the pest control association you get used by the national companies as a subbie as they give a blanket price to do all a companys sites throughout the country. They can only make it work if it's done like a circuit with a guy travelling around. If there is a sudden infestation they tend to call on a local guy who is a memeber of the association to sort it out. He is beekeeper / hunting / allotment type of guy and he also gets to see some great sites via interesting jobs. I know we all work for money but you have to get some enjoyment out of it don't you?