Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

joe.b

hot washer
« on: February 28, 2010, 03:23:04 pm »
when using your hot washers, do you use them or do you need to use them at full pressure or do you use them at say 100-150 bar etc, does this get rid of graffiti chewing gum etc

Andy Foster

Re: hot washer
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 08:34:55 pm »
I have to turn the pressure down on mine to use as it has a safety blow out valve which doesn't allow full pressure.

Having said that, it is unlikely that an 'add-on' hot box will be capable of heating more than 15 litres a minute at 1500 psi.  Some do i know, but they are mega expensive.

To get the maximum heat out of your hotbox then it is probably better to reduce the pressure but this will depend on the box.

120 degress at 1500 psi or even less will deal with gum, no problem.

Andy

trevor perry

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 02:09:15 pm »
I have to turn the pressure down on mine to use as it has a safety blow out valve which doesn't allow full pressure.

Having said that, it is unlikely that an 'add-on' hot box will be capable of heating more than 15 litres a minute at 1500 psi.  Some do i know, but they are mega expensive.

To get the maximum heat out of your hotbox then it is probably better to reduce the pressure but this will depend on the box.

120 degress at 1500 psi or even less will deal with gum, no problem.

Andy
lavor are now doing a hot box that does 21 litres  aminute at 200 bar which is approximately 3000 psi and it only costs about £1200, but as you say you dont need massive pressure to remove gum as long as the water is hot enough,
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

stalwart

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 05:44:35 pm »
On my HDS 1000 DE i use 98c at full pressure 200 bar 15lts a min thats ok for most graffiti and gum on hard surfaces ie concrete slab block certain hard brick etc same heat but lower pressure(40bar) for the likes of tarmac and any soft stone etc,also at this pressure i can wack this up to 150c i use this for mainly degreaseing ie steam cleaning.

The temp and the pressure all depends on not so much what your cleaning off but what surface your cleaning it off from
Been there,seen it,done it,just cant remember when