Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Nigel_W

Re: Customers'/publics' Mind Set about CC
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2010, 10:27:54 am »

I tried to deal with this issue on my web site. I think it is important to educate customers that they clean their carpets without fear of resoiling. It seems to be a piece of propoganda passed down through the generations that you shouldn't clean your carpets. It also helps the financially timid to justify not spending money on maintenance.

http://designcare.co.uk/uncategorized/will-cleaning-my-carpets-ruin-them/

Nigel

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2010, 10:50:49 am »
So are you saying powerburst followed by oneclean (or the alternatives) is fine provided it's rinsed properly. And is poor rinsing the only reason for re-soiling ??? ??? I've done miles of carpet full of residue with acidic rinsing it would of been cheaper to have used oneclean. DFC, Microsplitters Nemisis, and M Power all sell on no detergents no residues no re-soiling. Each of these per 5 litres is a lot more expensive than say powerburst so if eco awareness isn't important head for the tub. Nearly every carpet cleaning website makes the claim no residues, can we only claim this if we rinse properly regardless of the rinse properties ??? This is fascinating. I exclude wool or blends high ph cleaners on these are still a  :o for me.

wayne zabel

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2010, 04:19:33 pm »
My understanding and memory tells me that rapid resoiling was / is the result of using soapy shampoos which is really all that was available 25 years ago.

Modern chemicals - if used properly - should NOT cause resoiling.

I believe many c/c 's apply far more chemical than necessary, so struggle to remove it which could accelerate resoiling.

Chucking acidic rinse at carpets with residue will neutralise but if it ain't rinsed out the residue wll cause resoiling no matter the PH level.

Is it possible to give an quantity of pre spray in litres that should be used on a medium soiled carpet of say 12 foot square?

Michael Smallwood

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2010, 04:22:40 pm »
The quantity to use would depnd on several factors such as the degree of soiling, the product being used and the type of carpet.

A simple approach would be to follow the instructions, (I am not being facetious), and if you are still unsure, most product manufactures have a technical help line for if you are faced with an unusual situation. If you are using a product that does not have such information on it, it may not be reputable.
Mike Smallwood

www.mascleaning.com

derek west

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2010, 04:28:05 pm »
i think you just get a feel for how much is needed and obviously if you have to use a lot then you need to up the flush so to speak. if your worried youve left some in get a damp towel and give the carpet a rub where youve put the most down. see if it foams

robert meldrum

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2010, 06:36:45 pm »
I gave up following instructions many years ago as every job is different and has to be approached individually. Another point is, would you apply product to the whole carpet or to the traffic lanes and obviously soiled areas.

If you use microsplitters you spray a mist so use less product. It's feasible to clean without prespraying at all and rely on the power of the machine and effectiveness of the chosen chemical.

Even spraying water will help by breaking surface tension

I'm afraid it's personal choice resulting from experimenting with as many products as you can find.