This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

biggles

anyone d i only
« on: February 19, 2010, 06:32:10 am »
morning wcs anyone d i only if so can you give us some info. so i have a rough idea how much i will spend on resin .                                                                                                                         what is your tds before resin                                                                                                                             how much water do you use per month                                                                                                                       how much resin do you use per month                         thanks for any replies     ;) biggles                                                    

Ian Rochester

Re: anyone d i only
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 07:00:21 am »
I wouldn't advise anyone to be just DI.

If your main water is above 70-80ppm then you need to be looking at RO rather than just DI as you will spend a fortune in resin

Orange WC

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 07:23:06 am »
I am DI only.

Tap water 055ppm.

I use roughly one bag every 4 weeks costing me..

£80 per 4 weeks, £20 per week or £4 per day...

Not much really when you have Pure Water on demand and large amounts in minutes!

Why wouldn't you advise it Ian? Just because of the cost?

R W C™

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 07:52:40 am »
I am DI only.

Tap water 055ppm.

I use roughly one bag every 4 weeks costing me..

£80 per 4 weeks, £20 per week or £4 per day...

Not much really when you have Pure Water on demand and large amounts in minutes!

Why wouldn't you advise it Ian? Just because of the cost?

Cor blimey im glad im not DI only, glad i paid out for a 4040, £1040 a year on resin  >:(
thats probs why he doesnt recommend DI only.

biggles

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 07:56:34 am »
but how much water are you producing per month for a bag of resin

Orange WC

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 07:58:32 am »
It sometimes varies, not sure why.

20,000 - 25,000 litres

R W C™

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 08:01:32 am »
How many vans is that filling...

Orange WC

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 08:06:19 am »
One

biggles

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 08:15:05 am »
that is good value if you ask me

Orange WC

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 08:19:01 am »
I thought so too pal.

JamesTurnbull

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2010, 09:31:36 am »
if you put it through a merlin, which has a quick flow rate, that would save DI costs?

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2010, 09:39:14 am »
DI only ppm 50-65.

2-3 bags a year. Saves having to store it.

I double DI as it saves 66% if you want advice feel free to phone. Numbers on my website.

Stuart

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2010, 09:53:35 am »
Double Di is the way forward.

I run an RO but have a double di. When your first cannister hits 5ppm then stick another cannister after that (between the one that's hit 5 and your storage)

Doing this has save me a fortune on resin. I used to get through a 5L bag every 2 months, now I'm going between every 5-6 months.

I think if your di only or ro & di that double di is the way forward
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

williamx

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2010, 11:14:39 am »
Tap water tds 72.

I run 2 DI Tanks in tamden, I stir the resin in both tanks when the one with the newest resin reaches 5 tds this reduces the tds to 000, I kept on doing this until the tds stay on 5 tds, I then change the resin in the oldest di tank which reads the same as my tap water and rotates the 2 di tanks around.

I only need 2 bags of resin every year which I feel is cost effective.

With a RO system you do have a lot of waste water and if you are on a meter this can be very expensive.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2010, 12:33:21 pm »
Tap water tds 72.

I run 2 DI Tanks in tamden, I stir the resin in both tanks when the one with the newest resin reaches 5 tds this reduces the tds to 000, I kept on doing this until the tds stay on 5 tds, I then change the resin in the oldest di tank which reads the same as my tap water and rotates the 2 di tanks around.

With a RO system you do have a lot of waste water and if you are on a meter this can be very expensive.

Just out of interest, how much water do you get through in a week?
I  only use 400L a week, ish. I Single DI if thats an expression we use on here.

biggles

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2010, 01:57:12 pm »
some great advice on this subject, gonna defo do a 2 d i  set up with no ro . tap water is only 60 tds and only need 1500 litres a week should not be that expensive. no more filters no more waste water i am on a metre , plus fill my tank up in 15 mins when i need it .thanks again   ;)

Ste M

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2010, 02:04:16 pm »
2 di set up for me as well, i bought my set up with a 4040 second hand and the waste water was silly, i couldnt justify it all especially as im on a meter as well.

dai

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2010, 02:58:43 pm »
I have been on double DI for 3.5 years now, I think I was one of the first to post on it. Tap TDS around 55.
I will have to try this stirring though, I have been a bit lazy on this one, just binning the resin in the first cylinder when it read the same tds as tap water.
Don't do what I did last week and leave the water on all night, flooded the back yard with pure water, and it was still reading zero on the tds meter.

williamx

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2010, 03:47:55 pm »
Tap water tds 72.

Just out of interest, how much water do you get through in a week?
I  only use 400L a week, ish. I Single DI if thats an expression we use on here.

I have a 650 litre water tank in the van and I fill it up around 3 times a week.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2010, 04:21:47 pm »
Been twin DI for 6 years now.

Tap tds= 90ppm

Use 2 bags of resin per year. So, anual cost of £145 :)

500ltr van mount.

THID IS THE IMPORTANT BIT- FLOW-RATE Vs VOLUME OF RESIN.

I would advise no less than 11ltr vessels & purify ON-DEMAND. Do not fill through vessels into tank, instead, fill tank from mains & pump through vessels to pole.