Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Alltec advance or Extracta exel
« on: February 18, 2010, 09:22:14 pm »
Both 100psi machines, its maybe been asked before but can anyone give pro's and con's of both machines, if all go's well on a demo i'm intending to buy the exel tomorrow, but I am having second thoughts from reading past problems/posts on the forum, please help, have enquired about the airflex with matt at cleansmart but minimum 2 week wait, I need to be up and running by Monday, Tuesday at the latest, so need a porty by then. By the time I saw some bad issues with the exel I didnt get the chance to call alltec as they were closed, so I couldnt find out if the advance was available to buy and take away tomorrow. Both are about 3hrs away from Cheshire, what do you think?

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

Re: Alltec advance or Extracta exel
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 09:25:52 pm »
Personally, I wouldn't buy a brand new portable with only a 100psi pump.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 09:28:22 pm »
Just been to Alltec today and their machines IMO are way ahead, easy to repair, more upto date and lighter.

Shaun

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 09:32:05 pm »
I'm new to it and have been told that 100psi is plenty to clean carpets with, they also told me this on the prochem course, ive decided that 2k is enough to spend on my first portable.

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 09:35:39 pm »
Just been to Alltec today and their machines IMO are way ahead, easy to repair, more upto date and lighter.

Shaun

Thanks Shaun, do you think they will have the advance in stock? Brian at extracta said I could take one away tomorrow if I was hapy with it.

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 09:40:45 pm »
I too agree dont buy anything with just 100psi :P The least 200psi there are lots of machines on the market the extracta is dinosuar sorry speaking from what I have used in the past we are all on here to help buy the correct machine myself included ;D
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2010, 09:45:27 pm »
Thanks for the input Terry, what would you suggest I do, need a machine for Monday really, Tuesday latest, the 2 week wait for the airflex from matt at cleansmart has put me off, got a couple of job offers already and need some £'s from the carpets right away.

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 09:50:38 pm »
I'm new to it and have been told that 100psi is plenty to clean carpets with, they also told me this on the prochem course, ive decided that 2k is enough to spend on my first portable.

Sure you can clean a carpet with 100psi, but why would you want to - you will very quickly realise that it's underpowered and then you will want to upgrade, plus you've then got to find someone else that wants to buy a 100psi machine.

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 09:57:18 pm »
Thanks Steve, what confuses me is why then have extracta stuck with 100psi max, Brian must know what he's talking about as he's been in the business for a long time, i'm undecided and a total novice in the carpet cleaning world so I dont know myself, the advance (100 psi) is around the same price as the exel, I like the look of them both to be honest. I dont think I can get much more for 2k.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 10:00:35 pm »
IMO waiting a few more days for a better machine is more better spent, Alltec do make better machines and I thought the Airflex when I saw it last year was excellent, I would use the bad weather to postpone those jobs.

Shaun

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 10:02:58 pm »
I've never used an extracta, so it would be unfair of me to pass judgement on them.

However, most of us clean upholstery at more than 100psi, let alone carpet -  yes it will do the job but you might as well start as you mean to go on.

Am I right in thinking that you recently went out with Roger ? If so, there is a world of difference between his Ninja and what you are proposing to buy.

Griffus

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 10:06:47 pm »
We bought the Advance 600 (twin-vac; they now also do the same with tripple-vac) last year and it is a great machine. The more I use it the more I like it.

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2010, 10:16:11 pm »
We bought the Advance 600 (twin-vac; they now also do the same with tripple-vac) last year and it is a great machine. The more I use it the more I like it.

Think they are around 2.5k Ian, 2k for a new machine is tops for me at the moment, so 100psi is all I can get.

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2010, 10:25:00 pm »
Give me a ring tomorrow 07768 648863

Might have a deal for you, but only if you can wait until the end of the month

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2010, 10:33:06 pm »
Thanks Steve, deal as in what machine? Like ive said driving to extracta tomorrow need a porty latest Monday/Tuesday next week, wanting one tomorrow really, got the £'s for any quck sale if its a good deal, but do like the idea of a 1 year warranty on a new machine.

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2010, 10:47:18 pm »
Couldn't do anything until the end of the month so won't be any good to you.

Speak to Alltec tomorrow before you make a final decision, they have ex-demos with higher psi, you may get a better deal

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2010, 10:50:11 pm »
Thanks Steve, I'll ring them before I leave to meet Brian at extracta and see if they can sell me something tomorrow, like I say its three hrs either way.

richie

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2010, 10:52:09 pm »
The suppliers of any equipment will tell you what you want to hear....such as 100psi is enough.  The true way to find out if this is true is to ask other CCs which you have done on here.  Im with everyone else on this subject,  100psi is not good enough.  If push comes to it id hire a machine from somewhere such as HSS until one can be bought from Cleansmart (Airflex).  If you can id go for the triple vac version because it will give you more options asto the kind of work that you can tackle with ease.

Richie.

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2010, 10:58:29 pm »
Thanks Richie, what types of machines do hss hire? why dont extracta develop machines that can produce 600 psi? I'm very confused.

robert stubbs

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2010, 11:11:27 pm »
Hi, have used Extracta Excel and in comparison my Alltec Advance out performs it,as my scorpion does also.

Regards Rob