This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Moderator David@stives

Hello Diane
« on: February 18, 2010, 07:23:33 pm »
Hello Diane

This is the section you need

Dave

Dianes cleaning se

Re: Hello Diane
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 08:44:34 pm »
Hellow David, I have now managed to log on, thankyou for the chat, i have now decided to go ahead, i have already contacted a printer and will confirm my order on monday, once received i will do a leaflet drop myself, yes it will take time thats why i need to start now not at the end of the month, have also spoken to other people in the area and have said they will pass my name on, i feel confident there is enough work once i can spred my name and services,
Diane   

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 12:22:30 pm »
Anyone got any advice for Diane

she is just starting out, concentrating on domestic cleaning.

any help you can give her would be very appreciated.

dave

Nick Head

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 01:03:45 pm »

Dave/Diane

Happy to help - what do you want to know?

Nick
Nicholas Head
Cleaning Intelligence

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 01:13:03 pm »
Hi Nick

Diane is just being made redundant, so far no customers.

Just need to know the first steps at gaining some customers, I am sure she doesnt need to be told how to clean, more the marketing angle, to gain those first vital customers

creighton foyle

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 06:03:46 pm »
when my wife started out domestic cleaning about three years ago she put a postcard sized add which i printed up on a coin op card printer in our local cinema complex in a couple of shop windows in some so called affluent areas, she got her first phone call the same day as placing the first add and had three customers within the first month, it may have been luck but she has never had to advertise and such is the need in the area where she works she had a phone call the day after one of her regular customers past away recently from the neighbour asking if they could have her slot. 

Paul Heath

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 07:47:24 pm »
Hi We started by advertising in local shops as well, but advertising in local parish mags, really work, and they are cheaper than newspapers.

Dianes cleaning se

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 08:34:55 pm »
Evening David, From Diane

Dianes cleaning se

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 09:46:20 pm »
Good Evining and thankyou all for your advice, I have now ordered 5000 leaflets and will be going house to house,  on my first leaflet drop, I have been reading in the general cleaning section, when I do have my first client I have already worked on an assestment form,name/address/telephone/requirements ect, I have also put in if the client has any alliges to certain products,  besides common sence, is ther anything eles I should be awear of,   and have seen the word TUPE I dont know what this is? would this effect me? all advice greatly accepted
Diane.

dianegreenwood

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2010, 08:20:52 am »
Hi Diane

Make a note of special surfaces in each room such as wooden flooring, laminate flooring, granite worktops, etc so you know you have the right products when you go. 

Best of luck

Diane

www.freshlymaid.co.uk

Dianes cleaning se

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 09:15:02 pm »
Dear Diane of freshlymaid, thankyou for the tip,
Best Regards Diane