This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mark311069

tile grout cleaning shower floor
« on: February 18, 2010, 12:17:35 pm »
can anybody help me with some info, i have been asked to clean a shower area in a local school size 12ft by 12ft. this not something i normally do so what would i need to clean it. was thinking of hiring a srcbber dryer like this.
 http://www.hss.com/g/58640/Small-Scrubber-Dryer.html

would this do the job? and will i need any chemicals as well? and last of all what should i be charging?

Eric Lloyd

Re: tile grout cleaning shower floor
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 12:23:13 am »
Try these  people, I did their course and it was pretty good. They also supply special cleaning solutions. You will need the alkali cleaner for body fats etc and acid for limescale.
www.cleantileandgrout.co.uk
Its a lot of work so about twice the price of carpet cleaning.

murky

Re: tile grout cleaning shower floor
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 06:56:09 pm »
We were asked to go and clean our local hockey club showers last year.

Evidently the girls were complaining about the state of them!

We used a product by a firm called Clover and its called Breaker. Comes in 5l or 1l. Its brilliant, sticks to the walls as its quite thick so you can scrub all the cr@p off,or you can dilute it as required.

For the floor we used a polyprop scrubbing brush on a long aluminium pole that really gets into the grout (get 1 from janitorial supplier) and then a floor scrubber with a green pad on to agitate.

Remember to use a circuit breaker on the machine as you are in a wet area, mask and gloves because its an acid (hydrofloric/chloric).

And just rinse it down the drain.

Re the sx12 on the link I am looking to get 1 imported from the States at the moment but no real success, any ideas any one?

Murky