This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Daria Taylor

requesting a quote for a late date
« on: February 18, 2010, 12:03:25 pm »
hey everyone,

since this year began we have had quiet few customers ringing us for a quote and then once the quote is given to them they say oh yeah thats great, i have your number now and when we need it doing i will give you a call back. well my question is do you get many customers like that and how many of them actually do ring back?

The reason why i'm asking is because this is our first full traiding year right from the start i.e January, because we started off last year but this time of the year we was not well advertised etc and only working on our own, now we have everything in place and therefore getting much more requestst etc, so i was wondering whether it's due to the time of year when people actually ringing to enquire for the spring time and then make bookings later.

Dash t

suffolkclean

Re: requesting a quote for a late date
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 02:45:12 pm »
When you give them the price eg price given 18th February - you could say thats the price if work is completed by end of March (obviously for one offs)

Pristine Clean

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 05:14:31 pm »
The enquiries for us are the 1st 4 months of the year. The it goes quiet until September.

On most enquiries we find we get a return on the quotation within 20 days.

We have had a few that come 6 months past and they have said we actually found someone cheaper but were rubbish so can we try you please.

Well I am not one to turn away prospects.

The last two months for us have been hectic to say the least. Even with extra satff I sometimes start at 4am and finish at around 8pm. Thats going to be that way for a while at the moment.

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

Daria Taylor

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 06:05:28 pm »
When you give them the price eg price given 18th February - you could say thats the price if work is completed by end of March (obviously for one offs)
Barbara, thanks for advice once again. We validate all of our quotes for 30 days, from the date of enquiery, unless they obviously openly say we want it doing in such month and if the job is well worth it we will say, thats ok contact us by such date and your quote will still be valid untill then. do you get many people aking for a quote and then say we will get back to you etc? because you mainly do one off's dont you.

hows business been for you this year anyways? you had busy start to the year?

regards
dasht