Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jon Oldham

Stone and Tile
« on: February 17, 2010, 04:39:04 pm »
Hi. This is probably not in the right section of the site but does anyone know where I can get some training on stone and tile recognition, cleaning etc. I done a Prochem course about a year ago but it was more product focused. Plus I have forgotten most of it!
I have just bought a Rotovac with stone and tile cleaning head but am reluctant to go and use it until I can recognise tiles etc and know what I am up against. I live on Surrey/Middlesex border

Any help would be much appreciated.

PS. If anyone uses the Rotovac for stone and tile could you please give me some pointers.

Regards

Jon

Joe H

Re: Stone and Tile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 04:52:43 pm »
Hi Jon

NCCA are doing a hard floor course in April and Oct this year. http://ncca.co.uk/NCCA_News.htm#courses

I just ordered a RV 360i, so would be interested how you get on with your head (if you see what I mean)

Joe H

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 05:30:05 pm »
Jon
Should have asked - how you getting on with it for carpet cleaning?
Did you get the carpet brush head as well?

Jon Oldham

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 05:45:26 pm »
Hi Joe

Got it on Monday. Have only done my parents carpet and it pulled alot of soil out. Takes some getting used to as it aggitates, cleans ans vacs at the same time. I have only got a twin vac machine to use with it, waiting for things to pick up then hopefully buy a 3 vac machine. (If things ever pick up!)

Regards

Jon

Joe H

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 05:58:25 pm »
Things will pick up, Jon, just wait for the weather to get a bit better.
You been in business long?

Jon Oldham

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 06:11:52 pm »
Joe

In my 4th year now. Things started getting good then credit crunch came along. Been keeping head above water for the last year but it has just gone dead since new year. Only working 1 day this week but have been able to catch up on a few things and try out Rotovac. February was best month last year, certainly won't be this year.

Trying to get into stone and tile to try and compensate a bit.

Regards

Jon

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 06:40:29 pm »
I've just looked at the Rotovac website and I can't find a price.

It does look good; I imagine it'd be particularly useful for big areas, but could someone tell me how much the machine is, plus the extra heads for tiles, etc please ???

Many thanks.
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

Jon Oldham

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 06:50:19 pm »
There are a few companies that sell them over here. Alltec (I think), Ashby's and Solutions.

Regards

Jon

Joe H

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 10:56:32 am »
I only found the three that Jon has mentioned.

Alltec-coudnt find a price, emailed them, no reply.
Ashbys-price looks good at £1295 but that is a bare machine. Heads cost about £290 each
Solutions price includes one head. The price on their website I found to be negotiable. Order in. Good price but guaranteed good service as well - that counts.

sherco

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 11:00:23 am »
Hi Jon, if you need any advice give me a call. My contact details are on my web site.
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

robert meldrum

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 11:48:05 am »
That's an offer you SHOULD take up !

expro

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 02:06:50 pm »
Hi Jon,

I would suggest that you re-do the course on hardfloor cleaning with the same
company and I think you will understand better what it is all about because everything
will click into place.

If you go to another company at this stage of things you could end up more
confused.
Expro

stu_thomson

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2010, 07:43:52 pm »
When fitted with the carpet cleaning brush head is that just for agitation, then you swap over to the vacuum head?

stu
People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made!

Jon Oldham

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2010, 09:51:41 pm »
Thanks for the help. Will give you a call Sherco.

Stu, the agitation pads, spray jets and vacuum slots are all in one head. There are teflon (i assume) pads on the bottom of the head to agitate. Then you pull another trigger to spray whilst vacuuming at the same time. It will certainly make a difference to cleaning times if the aggitation stage is as good as a brush. I would like to have a 3 vac machine on the end of it. That will come later in the year.

Regards

Jon

derek west

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2010, 12:23:18 am »
think i'm gonna book the prochem 1 day hard floor course as an introduction then if i like what i learn may go on the ncca one.

anyone done the prochem one day?

Paul Simpson

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2010, 12:29:48 am »
Like the look of the Rotovac 360 been eyeing them up for a few months trying to make my mind up whether they're worth the money. I do some regular hard floor cleaning and was going to get a hard floor wand but thinking one of these is a better idea.
Presumably you got yours from Solutions then Joe? Good deal on it?
Which head you get with it?
contact@cleanlivingservices.co.uk
If I did get one would lean towards Ashbys as they're only 1.5 hours away if there was a problem with it.
Would be interested to hear how either of you get on with it when you get some use out of it.

Paul

Joe H

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2010, 08:29:48 am »
Paul
Yes getting my unit from Solutions. Got a good deal. Whether its the cheapest - maybe it is, but good deals involve peace of mind knowing back up and service is there, and with Solutions it is.
Alltec never got back to me (not for the first time) and Ashbys - well, just never approached for a deal due to comments on here about there service.

I ordered with the carpet cleaning head.
Tile and grout maybe to follow.
and the carpet brush head is not just for aggitation, the solution is there when required and suction when required.
There is also a smaller stair cleaning head.
4 heads are better then 1   ;D

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2010, 08:45:06 am »
Derek

I haven't done the Prochem course. I would definately recommend the IICRC 2 day course at Alltec.

What Keith Robertson doesn't know about hard floors isn't worth knowing.

Steve

sherco

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2010, 09:48:28 am »
I did the Prochem hard floor day..very little done on tile & natural stone cleaning, and if this is what you want i would personally give it a miss.
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

stu_thomson

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2010, 09:54:40 am »
Joe, Why if the carpet brush head agitates and sprays and sucks would you want just the spray/vacuum head as well?

stu ???
People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made!