This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Missy dusty

Evening peeps, please dont take this the wrong way guys not getting at anyone personally  ;) but I was just wondering how you female cleaners feel about cleaning some guys house within his presence there. ::)

Reason Im asking Ive heard and read stories...wont go into details...and have cleaned houses with the male present in the house and it makes me feel uncomfortable.Im not exactly ugly or extremly pretty but I just wonder if they may think..aw shes a bit of alright, and try and take it further. ::) Or am I being pathetic/rediclious ???( my friends laugh at me when I tell them)

Ive been offered a clean for a single guy not long finished in a relation ship ( from word of mouth) I really want to go and take a look at the house ,but how can I say ..well I dont want you there whilst Im cleaning ... :D,or would you say if I dont feel comfortable then dont do it?

How do you other ladies feel about it ,would love to know  ;)

Pristine Clean

I can answer this, but the other way round.

When I clean and there are females present. Its great. But im a bit flirty and chatty. there is a limit i am married.

But dont forget some guys feel lost, threatened especially if the guy is not confident when a gorgeous female is present.

If the girls are gorgeous it makes it worth while, if they have abused the privilage of being ugly well just hurry up andf get the hell out. ;D Only joking.

but on a serious note if the girls walk around with low cut tops, shirts unbuttoned then yes it can be a bit awkward. So you both have to understand how to dress appropriately.

Sexual harrrasment works in many ways and certainly both ways. Its a fine line.

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

cleaning-team

This is one of the reasons our staff work in pairs - its protects them and it protects the customer.

suffolkclean

I agree with cleaning-team, you obviously feel very awkward about it - take another cleaner this then makes you feel less vulnerable/safer.

paul rulton

lo suffolkclean, ru anywhere near the essex/suff. boarder???

Missy dusty

I agree with cleaning-team, you obviously feel very awkward about it - take another cleaner this then makes you feel less vulnerable/safer.

Hi Im a sole trader so taking someone else in with me wouldnt be possible unfortunatly  :-[

PaulineH

Hi Miss Dusty, I do a couple of domestic cleans for guy's and they are home while i'm there, i've personally never had a problem with been there on my own whilst the client is there. You'd probably find he'll shut himself in a room while your there not wanting to get in your way. But if there's no way you could take someone else with you and you feel this uncomfortable then i wouldn't do it. Hope this helps..Pauline

suffolkclean

Hi Paul0051 no not essex border near Ipswich why?

paul rulton

just thought i could offer ur services 2 our customers, if u came this way. always glad 2 help
other like minded cleaners. were all in the same boat..... kind of :D

Missy dusty

I have also in the past and sometimes still do work in a house when the guys are there, some are better than others must admit, one guys been out of work that I clean for for months and he does tend to stand and chat sometimes,spends most of his time in the office , and does sometimes fart about the house ,it was the day he popped out the front ,and came back and locked the front door ,when I left I freeked when I went to pull the handle down and found it locked :o but then I remembered his wife saying when I first started there , that I might want to lock the front door whilst Im there as somebody could easliy walk in on me, so maybe its just something he just does regularly if hes sat out in his back office, sposse it makes sence really ,and then there was the time when I was in the en suite and he came in ..my heart sunk ,I thought OMG hes got me cornered !!but he only came in to say he was popiin out and and was I ok lockin up  ::)...silly me.

Gilbert Sprous

Without trying to sound bad, you are starting to sound a bit paranoid.  If it is a problem, dont accept the request for quotes and dont put yourself in that situation

Cheers

fayellen

Doesn't bother me at all it's the women who are a pain I always feel they are watching and judging me whilst most men don't have a clue..no offence gentlemen!!

Missy dusty

I dont think Im being paronoid ,I just dont trust no one ,and with all these wicked people in the world, you just dont know whos house your going into  :-\ Espically if the guys just finished in a relationship,I dont know what the reason could be for , but you never know .
  I do keep my self covered up with a tabbard and Im not in the slightest bit flirtatious, so hopefully nt giving out any wrong signals,and only speak when Im spoken to.
  As previously mentioned Im currently doing a clean ,been there for just over two years now ,but for the last year the guys been unemployed and is at home most weeks ,and first I did feel uncomfortable ,still do a tadge , but what am I supposed to say to his wife...sorry cant clean for you no more your hubby gives me the creeps ::)
 Any how Ive decided not to go and quote the clean , as much as it will be extra cash a week, and its on the way to the school run, but im going to give it a miss if Im feeling like this, but sometimes in my current cleans I just cant avoid the situation,but will just have to try and not think of the worst in people.

Adam P

if you haven't already been to the place to give a price try asking for a lot more then normal, e.g. say you charge £10 per hour, go for £16 per hour. that way you can pay for extra staff if you do take it on and feel really uncomfortable, or at least the awkwardness would be worth it as you get paid well.

i'm a guy but i can completely understand where you are coming from. some reason guys seems to think it makes girls feel more comfortable when they "flirt" with them, yet it clearly does the complete opposite. trouble is most girls seem to play along and laugh it off so it's not even more awkward which means guys never seem to learn. just my opinion of course.