Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

derikraven

out of hours working
« on: February 15, 2010, 06:51:59 pm »
if you're asked to work evenings, nights or sundays do you have a special rate for these jobs?

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: out of hours working
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 06:53:05 pm »
Yes, can't really ad more than that.

Shaun

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 07:23:58 pm »
no.

all the days are the same to me and evenings usually mean commercial work which has a premium price no matter what time off day its done.

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 07:40:19 pm »
Not too dissimilar to Mike.

Out of hours for me is Saturday and Sunday. Always commercial so the larger areas/invoices make it worthwhile.  I don't charge a premium for out of hours. It usually works out to my advantage anyway as less traffic and fewer feet.  Sundays though, are a final choice if there is absolutely no other alternative.

Don't work evenings. Don't work through the night.

Always make sure I have time off other days if working the weekend.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
The Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

robert meldrum

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 07:54:32 pm »
Why would you charge more for evening / weekends, do the shops, petrol stations, travel agents, etc, etc, charge you more for evenings / weekends ?

Is your service " different " in some way at these times ?

I actually like to work late night / early morning!

wayne zabel

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 08:11:28 pm »
As someone who is trying to make the transition from working in a job they no longer like doing and having a complete career change and trying to get established in CC(very hard to do),weekends and evenings are the only time I can clean.I find that most of the jobs I have done the customers are glad that there is such a service as it means they dont have to take time of work to have their carpets cleaned.

clinton

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 08:25:07 pm »
I am the same as mike H and ken W on this.

As wayne said its another job really and thats what i do when am doing my commercial work :)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 08:28:48 pm »
Perhaps you lot are right, if a job is big enough I will do it out of hours no extra but if anyone asked me to clean a suite and carpet on a Sunday then I would either decline or charge more.

Shaun

robert meldrum

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 09:48:30 pm »
Thought you were a 7 days a week man Shaun ( talking c/c )

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 10:35:42 pm »
6 very full days saying that hoping to be down to may be 4 cc days later this year.

Shaun

Jim_77

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 12:48:13 am »
I add at least 20% when asked if I can do it late night or weekend (I make this surcharge very clear).

Miraculously, most people suddenly remember they can actually have it done during normal working hours ;)

How many parcel deliveries do you get at 11pm at night?  Would you expect your mechanic to service your van at 4am so you could pick it up when he's finished at breakfast time?

Most consumer services operate during "sociable" hours, I include my work in that category.  If people want things done outside of that time they pay a premium for it!

Michael Smallwood

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 08:40:55 pm »
Not too dissimilar to Mike.

Always make sure I have time off other days if working the weekend.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
The Ken

If you do work irregular hour, it is really important to make time to recover otherwise it will catch up with you later on.
Mike Smallwood

www.mascleaning.com

derek west

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2010, 08:57:42 am »
i charge the same regardless of what time of day it is, ive been working flat out every night this week, 7 til late and then up at 9 to do my day jobs, would not turn any jobs away just for a rest as i know there will be days when i'm quiet so i'll catch up on my sleep then. personally, i think when your self employed, if the works there then take it no matter what, you never know whats round the corner, suppose its different for guys who have been going a while as they should have no probs filling there books, but new starts need it to build there business up.

Kingsley Wright

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 09:31:00 am »
I think it all depends how much you need the work generally , and also how much you want to do that job in particular.

Working at the weekend is no problem to me, so in general I charge the same rate.

Would be much more likely to charge more for other reasons, i.e. would charge a bit more for cleaning a 3rd floor flat than a ground floor flat !

JandS

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2010, 12:45:15 pm »
Yes don't like working Saturdays but Sundays in Winter I don't mind.
Find them boring and am tempted to do an all dayer in pub which then
mucks up Monday.
TBH I'd rather have a day off during week when wife not at home ;D ;D

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.