This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nat1

Office Cleaning once a fortnight, worth it??
« on: February 12, 2010, 02:36:32 pm »
Hi have just had an enquiry about cleaning an office, the office size is 600 sq ft and they just want it mopping and the surfaces wiping, no mention of loo's/kitchen etc and only once a fortnight!! during office hours (ie) 9-5.  I currently clean an office but have not got a clue what the sq footage of it is, i priced this on how many offices/loo's/stairs etc,  so cannot compare size in my head, will obviously be going to see this one before giving a price but was just wondering what you guys thought re price and the fact that they only want once a fortnight?  Im not sure it's going to be worth it, as it is 10 miles away and in the City, Im thinking this would be hard to staff due to it being fortnightly?  Any thoughts guys, greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Nat

Gilbert Sprous

Re: fortnightly office quote
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 07:43:27 pm »
Nat,

You have probably heard this before, but price it where it makes it worth you time to go.  I have an office that we clean once a week.  Quoted them the minimum of 90 per month and they accepted the quote, plus I provide all their consumables.  The office actually takes around 30 - 45 minutes to clean once a week.  So basically we make around 40 per hour to clean it plus the consumable mark up.  If you think about it though, you put some one in and you charge for their time you end up making 10 pounds per month off the contract.  I would just as soon not have it at that price.  So, long story short, price it at what you would be happy to clean it at and if they decline, no biggy, better than a possible headache for 10 punds a month.  Hope it helps

Gilbert

nat1

Re: fortnightly office quote
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 08:13:07 pm »
Thanks for your advice Gilbert!

nat1

Re: Office Cleaning once a fortnight, worth it??
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 12:47:11 pm »
Hi Gilbert would you roughly know how long a 600sq ft office would take to clean? was wondering how big the office is you clean once a week?

Thanks

Nat

Adam P

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 03:32:13 pm »
600sqf is very small for an office but that'll explain the once a fortnight. more important though then size if how many desks/employees. can't imagine you'd get more then 10-15 desks, say each with 1 bin, would probably take 1.5 hour to really get clean. as once every other week imo it should be really well cleaned, nothing missed etc so it's a full clean. i wouldn't go anything less then £50 per clean in this case as anything less and you'll end up being annoyed with the clean when you get much better opportunities and can't do them because of it.

good luck, hope you get it.

nat1

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 04:06:27 pm »
Thanks for the reply, do you clean any offices whilst they are still working?

Adam P

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 04:24:05 pm »
yeah i do a few myself and it's extremely awkward  :'( end up having to clean right next to people's feet sometimes as they wont move even though they are just sitting there having a convo about what they watched last night.

cleaning whilst people are in is the worst thing imo

Gilbert Sprous

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 05:08:00 pm »
We clean a few of the offices while they are in.  It causes you to be a bit slower, but one thing you have to remember is that you are contracted to clean everything once, unless otherwise stated.  You have some people that are unbelievable, such as using the kitchen while you are trying to clean it, cant wait 5 minutes to get a cup of tea.  They sometimes say oh excuse me I just have to ........ .  I dont even worry about it, I just tell them not to worry do what you have to do.  I will not clean it again anyway so why worry.  I have done my bit and if they dont have the courtesy to wait until the floor is dry etc.  not my concern.  Also I ask each one if they would like thier desk wiped if they are sitting at it, I ask it they would like me to hoover under their desk if they are sitting at it.  They get one shot while I am doing it, if they say no, again it is not my concern, I offered.  My clients that are in are used to that now and some say yes and some say no. 

600 sq ft is about the same size as the small office I clean weekly that I charge 90 per month for.  I am able to give it a complete clean in the 45 minutes, to include all skirting boards and horizontal surfaces once per month (which keeps all the dust off and keeps the clients happy)  I do this by seperating the office into four areas and do one area per visit.  I do the desks each time to ensure they are nice and clean.

Hope this helps

Gilbert

nat1

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 07:13:20 pm »
thanks guys, your info is very much appreciated. :)