Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jon777

bad customers
« on: February 11, 2010, 09:51:48 pm »
This time of year for some reason always seems to bring out the time wasters. Is everyone getting them at the moment or are they all calling me >:(

You know the sort I mean -

Call you out for a quote and leave a note on the door saying they cant be there

Book in work and cancel on you a day or two before

Turn up for a quote and they cant even be bothered to remember your coming or give you 5 min of their time.

Two I've had recently, get to the door to quote and she says shes changed her mind doesn't want them cleaning.- Do an end of tenancy carpet clean for the tenant and she turns around and says shes not paying until shes got her deposit back :o

All part of the job I hear you all say and I suppose it is. 

I don't mind saying my patience is wearing thin.   Can tradespeople create a local sh*t list of time wasters people might think twice before messing us about.

Colin Day

Re: bad customers
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 09:53:49 pm »
You are not alone ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 10:14:04 pm »
I've had a few over the years which you have to allow for, but I wouldn't stand for the e.o.t one you've had. That is bang out of order.
You do risk the chance of never seeing her again or the money as she has technically moved away.

Mark Lawrence

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 10:18:55 pm »
I had an EOT booked in for yesterday, and was running a few mins late. So  i rang her and said that i would be there in 20mins or so - and was that still ok? she said yes of course it is.

Anyway, i got within 5 mins of her house and she texted me and said...oh, i dont need you anymore, sorry for the inconnvenience.

To say i was peeved was an understatement. why couldnt she just have said on the phone when i rang her?? i tried ringing her back but guess what? yeh she wouldnt answer - i wonder why >:(

try not to worry too much, as you say we all get em. dont stress i dont (well only for 5 mins anyway  ;D)

Mark

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 10:24:20 pm »
With eot I usually find the agents want a receipt of the tennants for work done no payment no receipt.

Tony
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

richie

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 10:31:45 pm »
Hi Tony,  did you get my text message with the details?

Richie.

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 10:34:15 pm »
I got caught 3 or 4 years ago. Can i get my husband to call you on friday and pay you the cash then?
sure ok they moved out on the thurseday.

Problem for them was my mate was the agent holding £585 deposit.
make that £415 when i got on the phone. ;D
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 10:38:54 pm »
Sure did Richie thanks will sort it over the weekend cheers m8

Tony

Doug Holloway

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 08:00:27 am »
Hi Guys

Unfortunately if business is a bit slow these type of things seem to happen more but I think it's because we don't weed them as we should.

When busy you don't tend to bother with the indecisive and dodgy which you do get to spot.

Hope it picks up soon.

Cheers

Doug

jon777

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2010, 08:32:19 am »
I should have not given an receipt - nice idea!

I did in the end get a post dated cheque off her, but to a certain extent once the work is done if they say their not paying yet you cant do that much about it :'(   without getting nasty, which could always backfire on you.

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2010, 08:40:03 am »
Well glad you ended up getting payed

Cheers Tony

Aquakleen Restoration Services

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2010, 10:10:44 am »
Ive done jobs before when the customer has 'forgotten to go to the bank' and wants to know if they can pop a cheque in the post. Like a soft sod in the past ive always agrees but almost always got bitten on the a$$!

Moral of the story is NEVER leave a domestic job until you get paid. Drive them to the bank if need be!!

from edge2edge

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2010, 11:30:06 am »
Aaaaaaaaaaaagh just got back from a 2 hr round trip to do a £110 job for a chinese lady and got there only to be told by the occupant(a chinese man) that he had got the carpets cleaned a few days earlier.Phoned the lady but after a while decided to walk even though she said they still needed doing along with a sofa(Ist i had heard of it).It just felt like the longer it went on the less likely i was to get paid so put my self employed head and and said FFFFF this i am out of here.Regards Alan(swindon)

Jim_77

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2010, 01:20:34 pm »
Lots of minimum charge jobs and cash customers about this time of year for me, which is about average.

murky

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2010, 04:28:13 pm »
As before we all get bitten on the bum now and again.

My golden rule now is if its an EOT clean and if they are moving away its cash only on the day, if they dont like it, I dont care.

Most people are ok once you explain.

Murky

Dennis

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2010, 05:19:34 pm »
Never mind our customers canceling, someone just rang me to cancel tomorrow and he's not even booked with me.  ::)  ;D
"Didn't you quote me £38" he says. Yeah like I'm doing a 30 mile round trip for £38.  :D

clinton

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2010, 06:39:44 pm »
Had the same as you dennis ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2010, 06:52:12 pm »
Last month had a woman ranting at me saying that she wanted her rug back, "what rug?" I said, "I don't have your rug" I asked her if she had rang the correct cleaner and she then paused and put the phone down, half an hour later she rang again with the same story, I said to her "not you again" and put the phone down on her this time!

Shaun

garyfindlay

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2010, 07:47:05 pm »
 1 lady tried to phone me, called the number above mine in the paper, and when the guy came to the door sent him away cos he was not from Elite (ME). Could be worse, I could have been that guy.

Transitions

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2010, 07:48:12 pm »
The customer is always right !! ::) .......... ;D funny storys.