This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

♠Winp®oClean♠

DIY websites?
« on: February 01, 2010, 09:20:38 pm »
Can anyone point me in the right direction. I need to make a website easily & quickly and know nothing about them!

Was going to go with vistaprint but they ONLY accept credit card payments ??? ???

Anyone done this & can recommend something please? :)

HI_SCREWBALL

Re: DIY websites?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 10:17:30 pm »
Hello, I'm new to the site.  I just made my own web page for free yesterday at webs.com.  Really easy to make, they do a free site and also a paid which isnt too much, but I am sticking with the free one for now.  Have a look at my page for an idea on what it looks like.

www.professionalwindowcleaning.webs.com
cleanwin.weebly.com

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 10:29:56 pm »
Thanks mate, will look into that. ;)

Ian Mason

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 10:51:49 pm »
Hello, I'm new to the site.  I just made my own web page for free yesterday at webs.com.  Really easy to make, they do a free site and also a paid which isnt too much, but I am sticking with the free one for now.  Have a look at my page for an idea on what it looks like.

www.professionalwindowcleaning.webs.com

Hi Screwball,

If it brings in some extra customers then great, but I get the feeling it may not work, unless you actually give people the website address.

HI_SCREWBALL

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 10:55:40 pm »
That's what  I plan on doing, it's just something extra to make me look more professional - I think!  I've looked at advertising on google and works out at 4p per click so wouldn't be too bad as only those looking locally would find it.  Also I am getting some signs made up for my trailer.
cleanwin.weebly.com

mci services

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 10:57:35 pm »
try www.yola.com for a free site then buy a domain name and direct it to your free site

Window Washers

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 07:22:49 am »
sorry to be picky, but how can you claim to be a professional yet have a free website it sort of says your cheap, at least as said buy a domain names and have it pointed to your website.

The problem with free websites is you never own it, you can t take it with you so would have to start from scratch again, websites are not expensive to own if people cannot afford £99 then they should not be in business really.

Good morning everyone  ;D
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 08:25:57 am »
What does £99 get me for my money Ian ?

Why have you changed your name too ?
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

jonnyald

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 08:31:25 am »
That's what  I plan on doing, it's just something extra to make me look more professional - I think!  I've looked at advertising on google and works out at 4p per click so wouldn't be too bad as only those looking locally would find it.  Also I am getting some signs made up for my trailer.

id be wary of doing anything such as paying per click. my websites thru vistaprint and a feature of vista tells me where my clicks are from ,which town etc ,theres 100s from allover the world click on mine

Window Washers

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 09:20:54 am »

Jp taht would depend on what you want, welcome to call me anytime and have a chat.

I changed my name the other day as I did not want my name dragged into something
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2010, 05:21:01 pm »
Where do I buy a domain name please?

Window Washers

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2010, 05:23:10 pm »
uk2.net are cheap as are fasthosts.co.uk  ;)

cleewindows

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2010, 06:14:10 pm »
hi i have a website address i bought and made a website with live but thinking about getting a proffesional site done,is it possiblr to use that web address for pro site?
do you have any sample sitres i can look at as i might be interested in you doing me a site,how many pages would i get?what extra charges on top of £99
cheers

uk2.net are cheap as are fasthosts.co.uk  ;)

ftp

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2010, 06:48:44 pm »

Jp taht would depend on what you want, welcome to call me anytime and have a chat.

I changed my name the other day as I did not want my name dragged into something

Ian, I heard Martin Lewis wants a word with you  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

matt

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2010, 06:52:51 pm »

Ian, I heard Martin Lewis wants a word with you  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

so thats what it is about then

go on telll us more, if you dont know anymore, just make it up  ;D ;D ;D

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2010, 07:17:07 pm »

so thats what it is about then

go on telll us more, if you dont know anymore, just make it up  ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D

Thanks guys,

the website I need to create is for information only, not for sales or to be searched out. The target will have the address.

So, am I right then in buying a domain name then using that to create a free website as the best way forward?

martindrz400

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2010, 07:20:35 pm »
microsoft office free websites easy to make have a look www.pureh2ocleaning.co.uk

Window Washers

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2010, 10:03:17 pm »

Hes welcome anytime, I can get free marketing and new customers ;D