This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tonyoliver

microbore inlet hose
« on: February 01, 2010, 08:22:05 pm »
jus an idea when you fill up from a house  tap and get  low pressure around 30 psi it takes an age to fill the tank
 would  useing microbore hose increase pressure to the inlet?  or am i being a small bore

Re: microbore inlet hose
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 09:09:16 pm »
No. It would increase the back-pressure, which is not the same thing at all.

I can see why you might think that. After all, if you squirt water from an open hose pipe it goes a certain distance. If you squirt the water from a jet fixed to the end of the hose pipe, it goes further. So the pressure must be higher, right? No, it's the back pressure which is higher.

(Bit of physics here: pressure is a scalar quantity which means that it acts equally in every direction. So although it is back pressure, it also acts forwards to propel the water out of the jet. Don't ask too much about it. It gets into vector algebra and some difficult mathematical ideas.)

Briefly, the back pressure increases and this makes the flow rate smaller.

No, you're not being a small bore at all. It's a very sensible question with a short and simple answer. Unfortunately, the physics behind the answer isn't a simple as you might hope.

Theres only one way to increase the pressure, and that's to use some sort of pump.

wizard

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 10:44:52 am »
Wally you never fail to amaze me.I would like to chat with one day you got my sort of brain.I think your are smarter though.

Carl2009

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 10:54:50 am »
Nice reply - you're no wally, Wally!

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 11:29:48 am »
Wally you never fail to amaze me.I would like to chat with one day you got my sort of brain.I think your are smarter though.

See you at Windex in March?

G Griffin

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 11:57:42 am »
Yeah, I think Wally just edges it  ;D.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐