Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Richard 01903

HOT WATER
« on: January 31, 2010, 07:31:27 pm »
Hi just wanted to share this idea!!
Have taken wallpapper steamer to bits 2.3kw element in side have fitted it to a 25lt contianer.When boiling I divide it between to others  so got 1/2 and 1/2.
When I get my large tank fitted thnking of putting a couple in it!!
You cant change the PAST But you can influence the FUTURE

paul rulton

Re: HOT WATER
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 07:36:02 pm »
let me know how u get on wiv that...... ???

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 07:56:43 pm »
sounds interesting keep us posted with results got v25ltr barrels for me backback in van thinking of doin the same will this work me mates a plumber and hes given me some elements will fit to a battery

matt

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 11:01:11 pm »
same idea is a hot water cylinder element

Richard 01903

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 08:29:17 am »
2.3kw element works of 3pin plug unlike watertank immersion element !!!

NWH

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 06:59:18 pm »
You need to heat water on demand or by the time it gets heated by an element and through a hose and up a pole it will be cold,you have to have a constant flow of hot water to see the difference in cleaning.Hot water comes into it`s own this time of year,i have been 1 of the only polers working regularly these last few weeks so it`s paid for itself 10 fold in my book.If you had cold to work with for a week and had a hot system for week 2 you would only ever choose cold on price not results and the pleasure it is to work with.

rg1

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 07:24:37 pm »
You need to heat water on demand or by the time it gets heated by an element and through a hose and up a pole it will be cold,you have to have a constant flow of hot water to see the difference in cleaning.Hot water comes into it`s own this time of year,i have been 1 of the only polers working regularly these last few weeks so it`s paid for itself 10 fold in my book.If you had cold to work with for a week and had a hot system for week 2 you would only ever choose cold on price not results and the pleasure it is to work with.

As already mentioned on here before, those systems can work out to be expensive and probably beyond the reach of most people. ;)
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

NWH

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 07:30:58 pm »
So are the above suggestions because they don`t work,if you want to go hot the safe way you have to pay for it.I had an L5 heater it`s all been said before and for a long term solution they don`t work IMO.

rg1

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 07:38:20 pm »
So are the above suggestions because they don`t work,if you want to go hot the safe way you have to pay for it.I had an L5 heater it`s all been said before and for a long term solution they don`t work IMO.

I appreciate what you are saying and you are probably right, but the fact remains that hot water systems are expensive and beyond the reach of most guys on here.

Until then, people will always try to find a cheaper option in the hope that it does the trick.
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

Richard 01903

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2010, 08:58:19 pm »
used my warm!!!! water today it was great  and stay warm until 3pm covered by a duvet 75 lts boiling mixed with 200lts cold  ;D

hennessy window cl

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 09:06:59 pm »
i have the purefreedom two man system and put in a bypass system so that when using one operator i reroute the hot water from the second pump back into the tank and it heats the water in the tank so that i can turn off the heater after a few hours. Overall i am very happy with the system and am glad that i bit the bullet and made the initial investment,
Liam.
liam hennessy