This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jasper22

self employed newee
« on: January 31, 2010, 06:36:48 pm »
i have just come out of work after claiming tax creds for 16 hrs at £92.80p  plus a bit of cash in hand for xtra hours.  i have a small round in stockton  but not enough to proffit to come of tax creds.  i dont want to sign on  if i get seen signing on  then seen cleaning windows  i will be caught.i can claim to work 16 hrs  but would i have to have my earnings  equivelent to min. wage nearing 16 hrs. at £92.80p i,ve been told let tax cred know you r going self employed, any ideas to help me out  to stop me signing on  i know i can make more at w.cleaning  than to go to sign on i would have to keep a book showing weekly takings 

ccmids

Re: self employed newee
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 07:14:35 pm »
not sure what your asking, is it any ideas to help me out  to stop me signing on
the only answer to that is work hard to get established

bumper

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 07:17:10 pm »
Do you not know all window cleaners claim dole and clean windows for cash in hand  for beer money welcome to the forum :D

paul rulton

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 07:23:55 pm »
work,work more work..... canvas & guess  wot ??? work again then work some more :o when ur finished if u aint 2 f***ed. come n give me a hand lol ;D

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 07:30:42 pm »
No point just doing 16hrs,

Its all about motivation and putting in the time.  It does not cost anything to get new customers, just go knocking doors and join the full time work force.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

paul rulton

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 07:33:39 pm »
nice pic bumper ;D. would put mine up but.... cant fit my ears in ::)

jasper22

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 07:33:56 pm »
i need to know if i need 2 work 16 hrs or less  to claim tax creds as some weeks you might not get much done at all   not your 16 hrs they need to asses how much you will earn 4 them to pay tac creds. just while i am getting established. if anyone needs a hand near stockton surrounding areas let me know i can help out the odd day when have my own done.

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 07:51:28 pm »
Jasper,

yes you need to work 16+ hours for tax credit.

but if you are self employed then that is full time!!  - if you are not cleaning windows you will be out canvassing and leaflet dropping wont you!!

income does not equal hours ! -   you may have to invest in £1,000 in equipment and you may earn £200 a week so you are in negative income for 5 weeks - it's what you project to earn/ or have earnt by the end of the year that they look at.

check out the money saving expert forums - they have dedicated chat threads on this subject

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

jasper22

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 08:22:50 pm »
some one with sense

ccmids

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 08:24:31 pm »
i need to know if i need 2 work 16 hrs or less  to claim tax creds as some weeks you might not get much done at all   not your 16 hrs they need to asses how much you will earn 4 them to pay tac creds. just while i am getting established. if anyone needs a hand near stockton surrounding areas let me know i can help out the odd day when have my own done.

you make it sound like you only want to work 16 hours then get the rest off the tax payer, well thats what it sounds like,hope im wrong as usual.

jasper22

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 08:25:38 pm »
where r the money saving forums

jasper22

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2010, 08:28:00 pm »
answer 2 above  it is so hard 2 canvas around here  so many out of work  starting of as window cleaners   i need that lucky area  free from cleaners

jasper22

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2010, 08:29:17 pm »
untill then i have to know if it will take off 2 generate feasable income with proffit

ccmids

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2010, 08:34:02 pm »
jasper it will work and take off for you just go for it ,if you do a good job you will get the others too . good luck .

make a name for yourself for doing a good job

Smudger

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2010, 08:43:13 pm »
J.

read what i have written - self employed IS full time - regardless of your income!!!!!!     if you have 1 clean that accounts for an hour   the other 36 is canvassing!

there will be work out there for you

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

idealrob

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2010, 08:52:04 pm »
Hi got any kids jasper ? You can work 16 hours if you have kids or are over 50 and been on income support for more than 6 months

idealrob

wizard

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2010, 08:53:36 pm »
why dont you try and get any work so you can get some sort of income in.I cannot see you starting with no equipment or ladders and making money.Do you already have what you need to work.To give any meaningfull advice ther is too many loose ended questions.

jasper22

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2010, 08:59:06 pm »
is it easy to do paper work myself  can i pay my £29 per week car loan off it to use 4 buissness , is there a figure you give them to keep rest as proffit  i am sure you do not let them know all proffits you know what i mean.    what records do i have to put down  as beginning will be low. on income to survive on untill up and running if it takes off.  do i just put weeks takings and show  outgoings scrims  petrol etc, do i do this till end of tax year,  i have a rough idea,    what happens if i just earn enough to keep going and decide to call it a day,  do i send paperwork to tax office. or can i keep self employed even if i make as little as £100 +per week after taking out expenses  ie  car etc

ccmids

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2010, 09:02:25 pm »
this is a windup ;D i thought it was  ;D ;D

Ian Mason

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2010, 09:07:56 pm »
Yep jokes over Martin!

Martin Lewis that is.  ;D