Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

The Jester of Wibbly

Anyone use George? What would make it better?
« on: January 31, 2010, 04:48:12 pm »
I find george software really good, and just imterested in knowing what other features you would like see the software do.

One thing I would like to see is the option to add 'How the customer found us' field when adding a new customer into the system.  Then be able to produce a marketing report so you cna highlight which marketing worked best for you.  Whether it is door knocking, leaflet, recommedation or a selection of local advert types.

A great way of seeing what works and what doesnot when plannig your next stint of business development.  Would also be good to see other peoples results on here too.

What else would be a good idea? or even added to the PDA software?
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

MNWC

Re: Anyone use George? What would make it better?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 04:49:58 pm »
Daily total on george palm would be of great use

R W C™

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 04:52:48 pm »
I think what you see is what you get with george, If I remember rightly george has been taken as far as it can go.

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 05:11:48 pm »
I would like the ability to add jobs from a round onto one worklist for the days work.
Sussex by the sea

richyp

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 05:29:53 pm »
i have a domestic round and a commercial round too, is george any good for a domestic round? say you have 15 houses in one street, can you look at a glance to see which people owe how much in one street? say i was doing those 15 houses in the same street, do i have to tick completed house on everyone?  cheers

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 05:46:38 pm »
George has a debt list that you can chose all debts or by rounds.
Sussex by the sea

John Walker

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 06:13:18 pm »
I think what you see is what you get with george, If I remember rightly george has been taken as far as it can go.

It's still being updated quite regularly - the recent update added some very useful features - the main one for me is drag and drop job dates etc.
BaxWalker Window Cleaning

outdoor restore

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 06:14:13 pm »
I think the last couple of upgrades have been great.  I only discovered the summary on the front page by accident a couple of days ago!!!
I would like to be able to see customer development (gains and losses) in a periodic report, and be able to do an income forecast for 52 weeks rather than 12 months.
I don't use pocket george yet, but can anybody recommend a pda that works with george and vista?

Frankybadboy

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 06:16:40 pm »
Daily total on george palm would be of great use
marcus
look at your stats at the top of your pda.

it shows it all there.

oppppssss i never seen that ;) ;) ;)dontttttt

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 06:17:49 pm »
I think the last couple of upgrades have been great.  I only discovered the summary on the front page by accident a couple of days ago!!!
I would like to be able to see customer development (gains and losses) in a periodic report, and be able to do an income forecast for 52 weeks rather than 12 months.
I don't use pocket george yet, but can anybody recommend a pda that works with george and vista?

I am selling one at the mo on Ebay that works great with George.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110488168749&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

outdoor restore

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 06:21:26 pm »

Does it work with vista, looked on the palm site and the downloads for vista are only for certain models of palm

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2010, 06:24:44 pm »
Yes, works fine with vista mate.   George works fine on it, I am on vista too.  Some of the older down load apps struggle with vista, but all the apps installed work fine too.  Will be fine mate

outdoor restore

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2010, 06:29:06 pm »
Why u selling it? Have you got a buy it now price?

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2010, 06:32:41 pm »
I have two, but only need the one now.

also getting a new contract phone and getting a palm pre on o2

master cleaner

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2010, 06:47:00 pm »
george doesnt work on a palm pre

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2010, 06:54:18 pm »

Thanks GLR,glad you told me that one, not looked into that yet.  I heard there was one phone that worked with it, do you know which one it is ?

Jack Wallace

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2010, 07:10:19 pm »

Thanks GLR,glad you told me that one, not looked into that yet.  I heard there was one phone that worked with it, do you know which one it is ?
Palm Centro, its a great phone but outdated now.
Its a pity George wont work on anything else or even the new Palm operating system. I have stopped using it as a result asI now have a Blackberry.

jouk45

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2010, 08:02:22 pm »
i have one,how about a  mass email sender, we could select 1-10 or all option,that would  be really  handy  to warn custys what is happening, ect,

paul saunders

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2010, 09:17:26 pm »

Palm Centro, its a great phone but outdated now.
Its a pity George wont work on anything else or even the new Palm operating system. I have stopped using it as a result asI now have a Blackberry.

Jack are you using any W/C software on your Blackberry
I can remember when waking up stiff in the morning was a good thing.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2010, 07:09:47 am »
i have one,how about a  mass email sender, we could select 1-10 or all option,that would  be really  handy  to warn custys what is happening, ect,

And the option to send bulk texts to for a particular days schedule