This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cleewindows

lightweight pole?
« on: January 31, 2010, 03:20:46 pm »
can anyone recommend a 24ft plus pole nice and light and not too exspensive and not too wobbly please?

♠Winp®oClean♠

Re: lightweight pole?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 03:28:50 pm »
Gardiner slx for the ultimate

Or if that's too expensive the new brodex hydra alloy is s'posed to be very good value for money, comes with guarantee too.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 03:58:01 pm »
Or go over to the buy & sell section there's a 44ft carbon facelift for sale £390 ;)

cleewindows

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 04:23:50 pm »
sorry sounds good but dont really need a 44ft pole yet m8?
any ideas if a 31 ft xtel is light and any good?
i see gardiners are knocking them out at a very good price.
cheers

STEVE-UK

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 04:27:13 pm »
Ive just ordered a new brodex alloy hydra 31ft pole, its cheap but havent used it yet to comment but certainly good value and a 3 year guarantee, i think it was just under £200

cleewindows

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 04:34:47 pm »

sounds good pal will look into it bit gutted i missed there buy one get 2 free about xmas time but still sounds good.
cheers
Ive just ordered a new brodex alloy hydra 31ft pole, its cheap but havent used it yet to comment but certainly good value and a 3 year guarantee, i think it was just under £200

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 05:07:45 pm »

Let us know what you think of it please mate. ;)

john tomkins

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 06:00:49 pm »

Agree with value and guarantee, been using my 25' alloy hydra (cut down to 20' to have nice collapsed length) for a week now and although the specs only show a modest weight gain over the 25' SLX it's actually quite heavier, I suppose I've been spoilt by my SLX.
One thing i will say though the Hydra seems bulletproof and should last years and years whereas the SLX needs lots of TLC to save it from an early grave :-\

john tomkins

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 09:21:16 am »

Might look like a modest weight gain when comparing 1.5kg to 2,3kg figures, if you look at it as a percentage though, the Hydra pole is over 50% heavier with the Brodex brush than the equivalent SL-X, add the fact that aluminium is going to flex and bounce more making it nowhere near as stiff as a carbon fibre pole, overall you end up with a pole although cheap is hugely heavier for everyday use. The fact that you may have to put up with it for 3 years is not appealing!

My advice is use a carbon fibre pole for the majority or bulk of your work, this is where your bread & butter money is, makes more sense to me to have the best pole possible for this work.

Most pole manufacture or resellers don’t have a clue some even recommend only using carbon fibre over 30ft.  ::)

Ewan, I weighed the Hydra with supalight brush and slx with supalight brush and the difference was only 400g.
You may be suprised how stiff the hydra is, it really isnt that far off the slx, not ramrod straight I'll admit, but not bad at all.

concept

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2010, 09:37:01 am »
i am going to get one of these ally hydrapoles, as a stop gap until i am earning enough to afford an slx.

nothing can be worse than my 25ft fibre glass pole...mr whippy! fighting it all the while.

going to cut remove a section and mess around with it a bit to make it my everyday pole, around 20ft, shorter collapsed length. schweet.

we all have to start somewhere.

:)

john tomkins

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 09:39:30 am »
Concept,
 if you havent been spoilt by the SLX you'll probably think the hydra is great.
25' cut down to 20' gives a nice compact pole.

Mike #1

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010, 06:35:05 pm »
the brodex pole is heavy with brodex brush and gooseneck used the 24ft the other day and its top heavy with brodex kit , use the 18ft hydra most of the time and have modified it so i can put the gardiners gooseneck on and superlite brush makes the world of difference will post pics if needed later in the week

John Walker

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2010, 08:20:07 pm »
First clean on a new job today. Victorian style conservatory side on to the house and a first floor window at the far end.  No access from the other side.

Gardiner 25ft slx and superlight brush fully extended and reached the window close to horizontal.  I could never have even though about this with my previous alloy pole and sill brush.
BaxWalker Window Cleaning