This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wizard

Booster pump between filter and membrane
« on: January 30, 2010, 09:09:53 pm »
jUST NEED SOME ADVICE;is this correct is your booster mounted between your prefilters and you membranes as is stated below.

Suitable for our 200, 300 and 450 GPD Reverse Osmosis units. Simply install the pump inline between your prefilters and RO membranes.
I have just copied this of Pure Fredom web site

Re: Booster pump between filter and membrane
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 09:15:02 pm »
not sure but bin it all the first chance you get wiz and go with a 4040.Aside from that i want to ask what you were doing at uni?

MoemGorod

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 09:25:16 pm »
Hi mate.

Yes, this is absolutely correct. Pump creat pressure for the RO membrane, prefilters protect pump and membrane.

regards,

Vadim
www.MoemGorod.com - WFP supplier in Russia & CIS
www.MoemGorod.ru - WFP WC in Saint-Petersburg

wizard

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 09:25:40 pm »
Do you vwant to know what I did at uni
You mean what dagree I did.

wizard

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 09:32:41 pm »
Thanks Vadim that makes since I could not understand why how my pressure gauge kept vibrating and I could not read it. I understand the pressure on the membrane but thought the pressure came through the pre filters. I hope my production will increase ,tbs is good .Thanks friend.

wizard

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 09:37:04 pm »
Slumpy: I studied a B Com Degree at the University of Stellenbosch in South Afrca. Majored in Business  Management  and marketing.

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 09:45:46 pm »
I'm nosey. I want to know where it fitted in your life (after school or when you were older) and what subject.

Quite a few of the posters interest me. Student of human nature.

I just read your reply, thanks.I would love to have done that.I have a book the ten day MBA,  have also read what i learn't at harvard business school- but i didn't go.

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 09:55:27 pm »
vadim gives good replies and is taking over from alex, what a clear exposition of what is involved.

Ref biz and marketing don't be shy on here we love all that stuff.

wizard

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 10:09:35 pm »
These are subject like marketing are difficult to discuss as all members are not on the same level of understanding of the subject some understand and some will just go over ones head. So I choose the right time to discuss things as the situation arrises.Dont what to sound condescending I would like to just be one of the boys. But will always help were I can.Thanks for the interest.

wizard

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2010, 10:21:37 pm »
 To slumpie: That book you read is what I learned at Harvard or “What they don’t teach me a Harvard bus school .”If its the latter I have read that. I went to uni in 1972 after my military trainings in Angola fighting the Cubans and the commies. I love the book by Stephen Covey "7 habits" I think if you go into the detail of that book it gave me so much insight into business, I must at of read it 3 -4 time before it made sense. Some time these books only make sense when we have a need for them. Anyway Mate must go.

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 07:47:34 am »
Yes, some telegraph columist, quite an eye opener (harvard biz school). My last airport read was f star star k the marketing. Sometimes marketing posts do seperate you from being one of the lads and comments become - this a wc forum you pratt type-.

We have had some amazing marketing types come here, usually trying to flog us something, and yes there have been divisive rows. The guys who do well are often the most anti because they have been succesfull without any apparent cleverness.

I love batting ideas about but accept the flack that can attract. I often get things wrong but also have zingers that have made me pretty much unique.

jarvy

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2010, 10:19:28 am »
Sorry for going back to OP topic,i have my booster pump before the pre-filters,so this is wrong then? Is it supposed to go after the filter and before the membranes?
Bugger.........................
www.wedgwoodcleaning.co.uk

"If you were twice as smart, you'd still be stupid"

Window Washers

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2010, 10:24:01 am »
Sorry for going back to OP topic,i have my booster pump before the pre-filters,so this is wrong then? Is it supposed to go after the filter and before the membranes?
Bugger.........................
I had mine the same way Jarvy and worked fine, althought the other way would make a little difference to the life of the pump as it would filter a little stuff out first
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

jarvy

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2010, 10:29:48 am »
Thanks for reply,i will leave it as is then,otherwise will have to mess about changing the fitting on the pump!
www.wedgwoodcleaning.co.uk

"If you were twice as smart, you'd still be stupid"

wizard

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2010, 04:56:04 pm »
I far as I can understand its the membrane not the filters that needs the pressure.there for the pump[ must be between filters and membrane.I will try it when I get a chance.Vidam is always right in his advice .

Window Washers

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2010, 05:30:52 pm »
I far as I can understand its the membrane not the filters that needs the pressure.there for the pump[ must be between filters and membrane.I will try it when I get a chance.Vidam is always right in his advice .
It makes no difference I have tried both ways, pressure is for the membrane that is correct but makes little different before or after pre filters (pre filters the name should give it away) ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

wizard

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2010, 09:15:34 pm »
It might be placing strain on the pump to push the water through prefilters as well as 3 membranes and a di as Vadim said it save the pump and membrains.Each unit on the system will place strain on as the filters ahve hardly any resistance,I can see what he means the effect will be long term.It is up you you how you use your pump.Thanks for your input. Mate.