This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cleewindows

3 seater van?
« on: January 30, 2010, 07:43:19 pm »
im thinking about getting a 3 seater van,would it be ok to drive my daughter and misses about or is that illegal?daughter is 4.
 any recommendations of a good 3 seater van.

Richard Holt

Re: 3 seater van?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 07:46:39 pm »
Why would it be illegal????????

cleewindows

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 07:48:06 pm »
no idea,just checking.

mci services

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 08:04:07 pm »
mate this got me thinking so i just nipped upstairs and checked my insurance summary. it seems only passengers aged between 15 and 70 are cover for personal accident cover. which is a bit worrying as my daughter is often in the van and shes only just turned 11. so i will check on monday if its illegal or not.

anyway the way i see its not illegal but make sure the insurance covers you.

this has got me worried now as i often take my dad home and hes in his 70s

jsm

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 08:41:11 am »
mate this got me thinking so i just nipped upstairs and checked my insurance summary. it seems only passengers aged between 15 and 70 are cover for personal accident cover. which is a bit worrying as my daughter is often in the van and shes only just turned 11. so i will check on monday if its illegal or not.

anyway the way i see its not illegal but make sure the insurance covers you.

this has got me worried now as i often take my dad home and hes in his 70s
you may be covered for GOODS IN TRANSIT  ;D if you sling him in the back
John Malone
JSM. Window & General Cleaning
(  North Wales  )
Giving homes a shine sicne 1989

one of the early gang of wfp er's ---- remember , when you cant see out - give JSM a shout

Pristine Clean

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 06:28:33 pm »
No its not illigal.

I have a 3 seater van Vauxhall Vivaro. My 2 kids go in it and the wife - not all in one go. my boy is ages 2.5 years and my daughter nearly 7 years.

The issue is if you have passenger air bags for the children. If you have passenger airbags they have to be deactivated if the children are in the front. The reason for this is airbags can crush small children and even small women. - I checked this out when I purchased the van.

Hope this helps.

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

freshas

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 10:55:48 pm »
 but could the insurance company avoid a payout if underaged children are in the front seat and air bags have been deactivated