This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Moderator David@stives

wizard

Re: Employee advice
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 07:47:31 pm »
ACas is the answer I had the same before . As far as i know because he had no contract they can only take off 1 day.Same as with me. He should have had a contract already. I would not be suprised if he was even on there books.Just one thing acas will always sound negative just hang in with them. it will sound like they are not on your side.Just go with it even if there slow.

daz1977

Re: Employee advice
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 09:44:53 pm »
find out how the lad was payed, was it in to the bank, or cash, as if it was cash  the boss might turn round and say he never worked for him, or that we worked for 1 day, lost the keys and then quit

if it was payed in to the bank then you have evidence that he worked there, and that is what the inland revenue will want as proof, weather or no there was wages slips,  if they believe he worked there then he did

dont bother with acas, tell him to take the bloke straight to small claims court where he can get him ccj for the debt and then if he doesnt pay with in 28 days sell the debt to a debt company who will add there fees on it and then will send bailiffs

this is what i would do