This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ibc tanks
« on: January 30, 2010, 03:02:25 pm »
hi all just got 2 ibc tanks 600 litres each want to strap them in to my van plenty of payload r there any ways which i could put baffles in and how or could i just use them as they are cheers andy

Slash

Re: ibc tanks
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 03:07:02 pm »
You can use drainage pipes,cut them within a few iches to the height of your tank and slot them in ;)

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 03:54:03 pm »
hi how do u secure the drainage pipe i take it u do mean plastic drain pipe thanks andy

Slash

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 05:47:50 pm »
Yes,but you will need to cut quite a few for a 600 litre tank depending on their width,the wider they are the less you will use but you will need to fit them through the lid :D
They will support each other when they are all in,when you can't fit anymore in the job is done ;)

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 06:24:05 pm »
Unfortunately this will only work if the pipes are so tightly jammed together that they can't move.  Any movement at all and the water and pipes will slosh around together as one enormous mass, making your van very unstable :o :o

Also I think putting IBC tanks in a van is very dangerous as they are virtually impossible to secure and any sort of impact will send them crashing around and killing any soft organic things in their way (you!!)