Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

crymsonpirate

been asked to clean where present window cleaner cant clean
« on: January 30, 2010, 01:31:32 am »
been asked to  clean 3 rd story windows using me water fed pole,current windy cant do third story, what the hell do i do with out up setting the  windy, i only did the ones he/they could not do and refused to"nick his custies"

chris@c.m.s

Re: been asked to clean where present window cleaner cant clean
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 01:57:09 am »
If the customer wants all the windows done by one cleaner then its his problem. I have taken on a few customers like that, however the customer has always approached me, I've never tried to poach work.  
Sussex by the sea

Mike #1

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 07:25:58 am »
as above if custy has approached you it should not be an issue surely she will explain to old wc why they no longer requires his services

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 08:06:49 am »
I don't "poach" either but I have taken on work before in a similar situation (in my case it was window above conservatories).
I take the view that I've invested lots of money in equipment (a choice the other W/C had too), so it's reasonable to use it.  He's not able to provide the service required.  I am.  I would quote the whole job - not just bits of it.
If he had the hump about it, I would be OK to give him a bit of money to buy the job from him even though I wouldn't feel obligated.  2 x what he was charging would be pretty generous in these circumstaces I feel.

jonnyald

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 08:13:12 am »
personally i always walk ratherthan tread on some other guys toes.  i know its a harsh world and all that but for all i kno that guy might be really struggling ,like a stan ogden

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 08:32:31 am »
ive picked up the odd job where there last cleaner didnt do a few awkward windows.i have no guilt whatsoever!whats wrong with ya?ive also lost one or two to other window cleaners.swings and roundabouts.i defo wouldnt just do the windows that he didnt do.thats ridiculous!the whole job or not at all!if he cant be bothered to get an extension pole or wfp thats his own fault!

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

paul rulton

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 09:11:13 am »
personally i always walk ratherthan tread on some other guys toes.  i know its a harsh world and all that but for all i kno that guy might be really struggling ,like a stan ogden
     spot on m8, i 2nd that 100% there is no need 2 step on other peoples toes. there is plenty of work out there 4every1. :)

stephen s

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 09:21:47 am »
if a w/c cant reach 3rd story windows then he's not providing the best possible service to the paying customer,  and if he cant provide it then I can and I don't feel bad what so ever if I take a job in these circumstances.

after all thats why I invested good money to make sure that I can reach such heights,  maybe the w/cs who cant reach these heights should invest like the rest of us

R W C™

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 09:25:01 am »
Am I reading this right, a window cleaner has a town house that he cleans, but cant do top floor, so theyve asked you to clean just the top floor and he carrys on doing the rest or theyve asked you to do the whole house  ???

stephen s

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2010, 09:33:45 am »
if he cant reach the 3rd floor he should never have taken the job on

R W C™

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2010, 09:35:41 am »

But what if the custy said can you do mine please mate and he probs explained I cant do top floor, its then down to the custy if they want to employe  him or not.

stephen s

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2010, 09:40:07 am »

But what if the custy said can you do mine please mate and he probs explained I cant do top floor, its then down to the custy if they want to employe  him or not.

very true,    however if you were having you house painted and the painter said I cant reach the top windows  would you say thats ok just paint what you can reach ?     I know I wouldn't    I would rather get someone who can

R W C™

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2010, 09:42:23 am »

very true,    however if you were having you house painted and the painter said I cant reach the top windows  would you say thats ok just paint what you can reach ?     I know I wouldn't    I would rather get someone who can

A paint job would be a lot more visual to people passing then top floor windows but I agree where your coming from, maybe this wc has been doing this property for quite a while before wfp was in the know.

elfords

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2010, 10:03:58 am »
Its business, just get on and offer the the service she obviously requires which is the whole house, all this worry is rediculous, you have not deliberately targeted the other w/c customer end of. Get a grip for goodness sake, were not a charity, were supposed to be business men with good business sense which is why I believe you have nothing to worry about.
Gary

matt

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2010, 10:45:35 am »
i have been asked this twice by customers who have a trad guy

i have said if you want me to, ask your window cleaner to ask me

he has asked me to do 1 house, i do 1 window over a garage that he cannot get to ( i do both houses either side of the house ) i have no wish to take the job off him, karma and all that ( now i will hear the same rubbish, biz is biz and all that, but i treat others how i would like to be treated myself )

for the record i dont even charge for that 1 window, the home owner offered to pay me, but as its only 1 window and i do it from the drive way next door, its not worth me knocking on the door

R W C™

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2010, 10:56:46 am »
i have been asked this twice by customers who have a trad guy

i have said if you want me to, ask your window cleaner to ask me

he has asked me to do 1 house, i do 1 window over a garage that he cannot get to ( i do both houses either side of the house ) i have no wish to take the job off him, karma and all that ( now i will hear the same rubbish, biz is biz and all that, but i treat others how i would like to be treated myself )

for the record i dont even charge for that 1 window, the home owner offered to pay me, but as its only 1 window and i do it from the drive way next door, its not worth me knocking on the door

I bet some would knock for the pound  ;D

Well when they need a new window cleaner I wonder who they will be asking  ;)

dai

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2010, 12:41:45 pm »
I do 4 windows above a news agent, he doesn't want his regular guy walking on the roof.
4 small windows, 4 quid, I'm doing next door anyway so no problem.

wizard

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2010, 02:40:26 pm »
the windy who will loose also had the oppertunity to go WFP he did not .So his loss.Life moves on that is why we have no dinasors on earth.Refused to evole and adapt.

paul rulton

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2010, 02:46:25 pm »
thats 1 way of looking at it...... or may b they can do a job swap with it, then no 1 will lose out. :o

crymsonpirate

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2010, 03:47:11 pm »
ty for the replies guys,RWC your reading it right they just asked me to do tops, ,and attic roofs where he cant t reach. To me I been asked to do a job end of,but I still dont like the situation.Perhaps I should get his number n have a chat with him?
Regards Crym