This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jouk45

the tonight show
« on: January 30, 2010, 12:04:56 am »
a member on one of the cleaning forums, had mentioned,
seeing a money saving program he said it was called tonight,
and he said, as part of them saving money,
it was suggested they drop there window cleaner,
weather they took that advice we will never know,
never the less it was shown nationwide on telly, i felt angry about this
 and thought i would air my thoughts,and warn other w/c,
never once did i think it would go this far,
if you carefully read my original post, you will see that i had not a clue who the presenter was,
 let alone  the name,
all i said was if we knew who the presenter was
 and if he was on facebook or something, we could band together, and air our views,
my intention was not to slander martin, just to protest,i feel bad enough starting this topic,
i should have checked the facts out myself, but i just believed what i had read, i am man enough to say,
 i take the blame for it all,
i noticed a few other members have been dragged into this topic, no one should appologise but me,i sincerly appologise to everyone
who has been affected by my post,or dragged into it, but most of all my biggest appology has to go to Martin Lewis to whom i can only say
i am very sorry, regards jouk45, p.s i feel bad enough, so please guys, let it go, it has gone to far, thanks. i feel so stupid now  :-[

chris@c.m.s

Re: the tonight show
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 12:46:44 am »
Everyone who posted on his Facebook are as much to blame for not checking there facts, your not the only one who made a cock-up and we've all had those moments at some point in our lives.

Lets hope it can all be forgotten about quickly.     
Sussex by the sea

gary999

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 12:50:29 am »
bloody hell let it go we all make mistakes harmles
really when you look at it

anyway it gave me a good laugh watching the
anally retentive on this forum make right pratts
of them selves ;)

crymsonpirate

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 01:25:04 am »
i been following this,and yes it got out of hand, how ever both sides have stated their case and apologised/and explained their case,end of in my opinion.

Mike #1

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 07:30:42 am »
i am sure we will all forget about it in a few days mate we all make mistakes

concept

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 08:07:30 am »
the internet is a very powerful tool...people believe whatever they read.

jo, chin up pal, you will be feeling rotten i am sure of that, but, we all make mistakes. few beers the night and it will soon be forgotten!

a'ra best!

jeff1

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 08:28:27 am »
Nice one Joe  ;) all who went on there including my self should have checked the facts, I have deleted my posts to Martin but I refuse to remove the one to a Sleeze ball who said we were meaningless. ::)

When I get home this afternoon I will put up an apology to Martin.

I for one would like to see the whole saga dropped and Joe was man enough to come on here and say his piece.

wizard

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 04:34:33 pm »
Hi  Joe I think we all have learned from this situation we all landed in. I to am sorry for what happened as I also went on face book and said my thing. Martin contacted me and I explained what happened  I feel Martin had a grasp of the situation and seemed to understand. He can on our forum and had a chat to all who were on. What was written was what we all thought at that moment. Face book pages like this one will always have positive and negative  postings. T V  programs like Martins are charged with controversy. So mate don’t feel to bad I think it showed a lot of solidarity and unity to stand up for our side and the window cleaning industry in generally. I for one see the good that you have contradicted to this forum and I am sure it will over soon. Cheer up comrade in arms.

wizard

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 04:48:38 pm »
I the posting above its not contradicted its contributed to the forum.Sorry.

TC1

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2010, 04:56:53 pm »
Hi  Joe I think we all have learned from this situation we all landed in. I to am sorry for what happened as I also went on face book and said my thing. Martin contacted me and I explained what happened  I feel Martin had a grasp of the situation and seemed to understand. He can on our forum and had a chat to all who were on. What was written was what we all thought at that moment. Face book pages like this one will always have positive and negative  postings. T V  programs like Martins are charged with controversy. So mate don’t feel to bad I think it showed a lot of solidarity and unity to stand up for our side and the window cleaning industry in generally. I for one see the good that you have contradicted to this forum and I am sure it will over soon. Cheer up comrade in arms.

Did Martin contact you personally on FB? and did he post on here last night? I presume it got a bit heated, and thats why the thread was deleted!?

Jack Wallace

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2010, 05:15:55 pm »
I doubt if any major damage was done, and it will all be forgotten very soon, (although it’s still very funny)  ;)

Good on you for the apology. It’s not needed but nonetheless its noted and admired.

wizard

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2010, 06:53:33 pm »
Martin contacted me by private message on face book and ash me why I about my posting on F B.So iI told him why I felt like I did.

wizard

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2010, 06:57:51 pm »
That was before he came on CIU I did not think it was heated.Even when he left me a messege he was polite and understanding, I would say more concerned.
By that point he had already post a response on F B and had fathomed out what happened already by what he said on Face book.

matt

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2010, 07:02:06 pm »
he is a media darling now, he is hardly going to want a " rant " with others

it just doesnt look good

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2010, 07:03:32 pm »
good for you joe, we all know you are one of the good guys.

wizard

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2010, 07:32:03 pm »
I think you right. matt cannot be seen to be bad.

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2010, 08:29:28 pm »
Yes, he was even deeper ,potentially, in the doo doo than we were.Broadcasters have a duty of care and this would include not marginalising or offending one section of society, as happened apparently to the gay community when comments were made about steven gatelys funeral and lifestyle.

Although sacking the window cleaner could be seen as a hoot to some, his bosses could well have taken a different view, and to antagonise a large and vocal group such as ourselves could well end not in a short terse note to the window cleaner but in his writing a resignation letter of his own.

He chose not to blog about us 'blitzing' him and i was gratefull because we would have come across in a negative way.But a second front to this may well have opened, and some avenging Stephen Fry type may well  have decided to out blog him by supporting us.

i think that there is every chance he will avoid the subject of window cleaners in any future money saving slots.He denies ever having suggested it, while others (not joeuk) claim that in advising individuals he has.As far the future goes i think we are safe. ;D ;D ;D

wizard

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2010, 08:53:49 pm »
 I did not know was Jeff brown an admin on this forum.

jeff1

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2010, 09:02:44 pm »
I did not know was Jeff brown an admin on this forum.
No I'm admin of another window cleaning forum  ;)

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2010, 09:31:06 pm »
Thers life Jim - but not as we know it - cpt kirk.
Other forums.