Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ryan @ Transparent, Carlisle

telecanvassing
« on: January 29, 2010, 03:42:29 pm »
Well, bit the bullet today.

Rang up a hotel about 30miles away. And asked if they would be interested in a quote.

I have to go down tommorow. I know a quote doesnt always mean the job is yours. But its a good start? First call i have made & i got an invite ;D

evil genius

Re: telecanvassing
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 04:05:54 pm »
good on you mate.
was thinking of trying this over a letter as you will actually get to speak to someone and get a very very small pitch across rather than sending a letter that could well get chucked straight in the bin

good luck
ian
Stratford upon avon & Coventry pressure washing
www.mbsurfacecleaning.co.uk
www.mbuildsc.co.uk

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 05:33:41 pm »
Be very careful!!  If they are signed up to the preferential list (I think it's called that) you can be fined hundreds for making unslicited sales calls

You can buy lists of numbers that are signed up so you don't call them, but it's very expensive.

Ryan @ Transparent, Carlisle

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 07:58:52 pm »
Be very careful!!  If they are signed up to the preferential list (I think it's called that) you can be fined hundreds for making unslicited sales calls

You can buy lists of numbers that are signed up so you don't call them, but it's very expensive.

really  :o :o

Surely my arguement could be i am trying to make an appointment to give a quote? In my eyes it is not a sale until they accept a quote?  Even then, a service call as apposed to a sales call?