This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rg1

Ist Floor Sills
« on: January 29, 2010, 02:58:53 pm »
When I first started with wfp, a small problem I came across was cleaning first floor cills. How do you know if they are clean if you can't see them from the ground?

This applies more to first cleans when some window sills maybe covered in green algea.

So, after some thought, I went into town and got a plastic framed mirror from the pound shop. It's about 6" tall and 4" in width. I glued a bracket on the back of it and now just simply snap it on to the pole when doing sills above ground level. Then, just give them a good scrub, and check with the mirror to see if they are clean. Job Done!!

Well I thought it was a good idea :)

Rob
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

Martin ccs

Re: Ist Floor Sills
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 03:05:32 pm »
i cant see it getting any offers on dragons den but hey if it works for you   ;)

clean

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 03:07:53 pm »
I usually ask the birds sitting in the trees  ;D

james44

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 03:37:36 pm »
A mirror on you`r brush pervert ;D

John Walker

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 03:40:38 pm »
Good idea rg1

I've been WFPing for around 5 years now and always give the upper sills a clean to the same level as the ground floor one require.

Yet to have any complaints and many of my customers are referals from existing customers.

So..  I think as long as you give them a good scrub and rinse you won't go far wrong.

Cheers
John
BaxWalker Window Cleaning

John Walker

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 03:42:26 pm »

;D

Hadn't thought of that aspect - I wonder what customers would make of it.   :o
BaxWalker Window Cleaning

crymsonpirate

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 05:48:41 pm »
wonder if you could adapt this idea? inspect peoples gutters, to see if they need cleaning? just a thought

simon knight

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 06:33:27 pm »
When I first started with wfp, a small problem I came across was cleaning first floor cills. How do you know if they are clean if you can't see them from the ground?

This applies more to first cleans when some window sills maybe covered in green algea.

So, after some thought, I went into town and got a plastic framed mirror from the pound shop. It's about 6" tall and 4" in width. I glued a bracket on the back of it and now just simply snap it on to the pole when doing sills above ground level. Then, just give them a good scrub, and check with the mirror to see if they are clean. Job Done!!

Well I thought it was a good idea :)

Rob

Mate, I love your dedication and inventiveness but in all reality you're employed to clean the glass...clean frames and sills are merely a by-product of the wfp process and not part and parcel of your remit...so if the sills are still a bit grubby after you've been, so what?

You seem to be making a rod for your own back...DON'T!

dd

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 06:45:00 pm »

;D

Hadn't thought of that aspect - I wonder what customers would make of it.   :o
It is only when you attach a camera they get worried