This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian Mason

Pure water cost to manufacture in hard water area?
« on: January 29, 2010, 12:40:51 pm »
Hi all,

After the intial outlay of the equipment needed to produce pure water in a hard water area, is anyone able to give a guesstimate on how much this costs them to manufacture over a year?

Do water meters have a impact in the costs, & how do WFP prices compare to trad, with regards to manufacturing this water?

Many thanks.

Martin ccs

Re: Pure water cost to manufacture in hard water area?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 12:49:21 pm »
it will cost more if you dont have an ro unit, di only is costly!

i think cleanteach have a converter which works out the cost per litre against water made.

im sure someone will pop the link on for you.

def cost more with meter.

didnt really get the last bit?! you dont need to make pure water for trad

Ian Mason

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 12:56:03 pm »
Hi Martin,

Thanks for the reply.

With regards to the last bit, what I meant was, if you were doing trad only, & then converted to WFP only, do your customers see an increase in their prices, to cover this extra water production cost?

Thanks again.

Martin ccs

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 01:02:47 pm »
oh right soz mate.

some will add a little charge due to frames done at same time and some wont.

i see getting frames cleaned as a good selling point so you will be able to add more to price.

maybe you have houses where you cant to some windows off a ladder for what ever reason and now with wfp you can - so again you could charge more per extra window.

im in the middle of swapping over to wfp - here what im doing

i put the prices up before the customers knew about the wfp swap - so it doesnt add to a problem that some windows may dry spotty. was worried customers would think - im paying more and the windows are worse.
so prices went up a far few months back. by a £1 or £2 to help with costs.

MNWC

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 03:12:56 pm »
I put £10 a week away  for the day to day running of my business ( not including fuel) that covers about everything

Count Phil

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 03:58:50 pm »
it costs nothing to run an ro system in a hard water area. not really. filters last ages. surprising really because the tds of the water was 480ppm.

ftp

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 04:05:20 pm »
Gonna cost you anything up to £100 a month on water meter (including your household usage) according to several posts on this subject.
£75 a year for resin - if you want your water at zero. Set of filters every six months and new membranes every couple of years

Ian Mason

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 05:28:16 pm »
Hi all,

Thanks for the replies, that is a huge help.

I guess the only other cost involved, might be charging a battery for mobile usage, but I can`t see that being a great deal.

Thanks again.

ftp

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 07:22:21 pm »
Plenty of other costs not related directly with water production - good poles will cost hundreds (unless you diy) good brushes £35+ each, wear and tear throughout the year and of course insurances and vehicle running costs. And best of all the tax!