This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

resin usage
« on: January 28, 2010, 09:29:05 pm »
hi all using new merlin and geting through resin so quick to keep tds down any ideas why thanks andy

concept

Re: resin usage
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 09:32:41 pm »
whats your water pressure?

whats tds out of merlin?

Gurdy

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 10:02:10 pm »
We had the same problem and replaced the two ro membranes and don;t change the resin because its going into the tank now at 0.7tds. . . .Best £550 ever spent.

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 10:10:43 pm »
water pressure is 30 psi and tds out of merlin is 95

concept

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 10:12:16 pm »
emailed you mate. water pressure is too low for a merlin. check your mail. hope it helps.

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 10:14:19 pm »
thanks for help andy

prestige cleaners

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 10:19:57 pm »
my tds is 85 tap, and about 2 b4 resin must be your water, pressure or filters?

concept

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 10:31:16 pm »
pressure pressure pressure, merlins need 40psi minimum...even thats not really enough.

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 10:44:58 pm »
message for concept can u email me at andy.ralph@live.co.uk cheers andy

concept

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 10:50:44 pm »
done  8)

jsm

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2010, 11:08:20 pm »
gain more presure on the merlin by reducing the pipe on the waste - i have about 5mtrs of 6 mm pipe coming out of the waste tube.

DI - i dont even put a di on the merlin - eats up resin due to high flow rates - better to stick DI in van - in this order ---- tank -pump -DI- hose reel
due to pumps low flow rate resin last longer as resin has more time to work its magic.

John Malone
JSM. Window & General Cleaning
(  North Wales  )
Giving homes a shine sicne 1989

one of the early gang of wfp er's ---- remember , when you cant see out - give JSM a shout

concept

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2010, 08:27:21 am »
then you are shortening the life of your membranes.

booster pump is THE only fix to a merlin. i have been through hell and back with mine, and i keep banging on, but a clarke cbm240 pump is what is needed to get these working well.

jsm

Re: resin usage New
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2010, 02:13:42 pm »
then you are shortening the life of your membranes.

booster pump is THE only fix to a merlin. i have been through hell and back with mine, and i keep banging on, but a clarke cbm240 pump is what is needed to get these working well.

dont belive what the merlin seller's tell you that you need to spend out on a pump - if i remember this waste back preasure fix was known about years ago - i was one of the first to get the merlin when they come out and its still going strong after 4 plus years- all ive done is change the first filter's -- same membrains from start - still comes out at 10ppm .
from my days with 200 -400 gallon ro's they worked ok till you put a booster pump on them ... :o

but post is about resin usage --- dont even put a di on the merlin - full stop, if you want to save money
stick it after the pump so your pump passes the 10-30 tds more slowly throught the resin .

i still wonder why people even on di fill up their van tank with the water tap on full
and wonder why they getting high tds readings -

this gam'es not rocket science - tho some like to make it so lol
John Malone
JSM. Window & General Cleaning
(  North Wales  )
Giving homes a shine sicne 1989

one of the early gang of wfp er's ---- remember , when you cant see out - give JSM a shout