This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee GLS

how many pumps??
« on: January 28, 2010, 09:27:13 pm »
How many pumps do i need for a 2 man setup, will one 100psi pump do? will mainly be cleaning 2 story houses.

Lee

Pureandclean

Re: how many pumps??
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 09:32:17 pm »
We have used 1 pump for 2 men for years, but I am considering putting together a 2 pump system, as it would have definite advantages.

Lee GLS

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 10:27:27 pm »
what advantages are there to having 2 pumps?

jsm

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 10:44:19 pm »
what advantages are there to having 2 pumps?

you will use more water with one pump due to having to have the flow up high , when one of you turns off, the other pole running gets the full wack of water out of the one brush.

Ive used one pump on 2 reels also for years with no problems but am in the process of re-fitting the van with 2 pumps and 2 pump controllers in the quest of maybe getting a few more windows out of the tank.
John Malone
JSM. Window & General Cleaning
(  North Wales  )
Giving homes a shine sicne 1989

one of the early gang of wfp er's ---- remember , when you cant see out - give JSM a shout

Ste M

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 10:52:42 pm »
for me the main thing is that you have a back up pump should one break down, using one pump ofr two men will put more work on it and therefore the life expectancy will shorten. if you lose your pump could you carry on working with no spare? got to be worth shelling out the extra £100 so you dont lose a few days work ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 07:29:43 am »
for me the main thing is that you have a back up pump should one break down, using one pump ofr two men will put more work on it and therefore the life expectancy will shorten. if you lose your pump could you carry on working with no spare? got to be worth shelling out the extra £100 so you dont lose a few days work ;D
Totally agree ste,
Both my vans have 2 man set ups each haS 2 of everything, should one fail van still works, would cost way more than the cost to sit a nd wait for it to be delivered should one go down, have killed three pumps now and thank god I had backups, more so in this weather you should have a spare as you are asking for a fall if you dont have one, same goes for any equipment you use

Ian
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)