This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

♠Winp®oClean♠

SUPERLITE SL2 USERS
« on: January 28, 2010, 08:37:43 pm »
Just a couple of questions I would appreciate an answer to please-

1. What is the maximum length of pole you can safely lift it from the ground, before you have to add sections one by one?

2. How bad is the sticking section problem. Does it happen often, all the time, every blue moon?

3. What's the risk of this pole snapping under normal use. Anyone snapped one?

Regards

ftp

Re: SUPERLITE SL2 USERS
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 08:53:12 pm »
I can lift forty feet from the ground horizontally with no problems although 35' is more comfortable (don't know what Gardiners recommend)

Sticking sections are fairly common but easily avoidable with a turn or two of insulation tape.

I've never broken one through normal use but have snapped a section trying to push and pull an open window.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 09:04:29 pm »
Thanks

You also have slx don't you?

To try & get a measure of how easy the sl2 is, using an slx at say 25ft would be similar to an sl2 at what length?

Regards

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 09:42:13 pm »
As with FTP i can lift 40ft straight up but i tend to lift earlier and add sections just because their is not much griound space for the pole.

I have yet to have a sticking section as my work is short duration - but will be using the insulating tape solution - just in case.

never broken a section - even when only using 3 sections and pressing hard to remove algue from facias

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

ftp

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 09:21:58 pm »
Thanks

You also have slx don't you?

To try & get a measure of how easy the sl2 is, using an slx at say 25ft would be similar to an sl2 at what length?

Regards

Yes I have both, can't really answer your question but the S2 is lighter by a fair bit. Slx is faster and more adjustable for everyday use. I love my Slx so much that I always use it over the S2 even though it's heavier. S2 is best suited to long runs at height especially commercial work in my opinion.

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 09:33:53 pm »
1)  I have lifted 25ft of pole from the horizontal.  I reckon it was possible to do motre though.  I do prefer not to work like this anyway and just add section while the pole is leaning.

2)  I did have a sticking problem once when the sections were assembled pretty much all day and there was a lot of vigorous cleaning on the first clean.  I learned from that though.  If the sections are going to be assembled for a long time, I just separate them on a natural break in the work.  Also, make sure the PTFE spay has fully dried before assembling.

3)  I've never actually snapped one but I did a bit of damage to a pole end when they weren't put together the right way round.  Also, I did split a no1 section when twisting it to unstick it.  I taped it up with strong tape and it works fine to this day.  I do have a backup section in reserve though - just in case.

STEVE-UK

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 09:46:37 pm »
ive got a superlite 70ft bought for a job the xtel 60 wouldnt reach,the job needs to be done with cherry picker so now its just stored, i have a few high jobs but its just a lot quicker to use the xtel  :-\

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 09:55:50 pm »
Thanks very much.

Steve UK, you want to sell it?

STEVE-UK

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 10:02:00 pm »
I wanna keep hold of it for a while but will list in the used section if decide to sell

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 10:05:27 pm »
I wanna keep hold of it for a while but will list in the used section if decide to sell

OK, no worries. ;)

dai

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2010, 11:27:27 am »
i lift it off the floor in one piece upto the 30ft mark then add sections.
I did have the no 3 section snap once just lifting it from the floor. I always lift it slowly and progressively. Alex kindly replaced my broken section free of charge, He thought that I must have damaged it somehow, but I hardly ever use that pole, and when I do I'm carefull.
I measured the tube wall thickness where it broke, and was somewhat surprised to find that it is only between 0.4 to 0.5 of a mm thick, but Alex assured me that this is within manufacturers tollerance.