This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Martin ccs

gutter clean help
« on: January 28, 2010, 06:46:38 pm »
i mean in terms of cleaning the gutter and fascia and sofit as opposed to taking the crap out.
always just done them of a ladder with a few wet cloths, but started using an old cheap plastice wfp.
only will reach first floor height only as on a 17ft fg pole.
just priced a job - gutters are bit green in places and alot of it is hard to get to by ladder. so was gonna use the pole for the whole house but find by pole its hard to get them to come up as good as by hand - any tips?

and

some parts are too high for my 17ft pole, so i was gonna use my new 30ft brodex pole - gonna plug it into the house tap and was wondering if the extra dirt from gutter and the normal tap water would cause a problem for my new pole when i then use it after for normal wfp window cleaning.

i know i can leave the brush in pure water over night to clean it but wasnt sure if tap water would make the pole hose bad for pure water

cleewindows

Re: gutter clean help
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 06:55:01 pm »
clean then rinse brush with pure water

Mike #1

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 06:57:29 pm »
pole should'nt be a prob mate just let pure water run thourgh for a min before use i wuold'nt find a few tips on cleaning gutters with pole never had decent results clean on ladder with tfr in spray bottle with cloth although when i do conny roofs a spray brush with tfr to help clean the green might help you doing that

Martin ccs

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 07:02:31 pm »
pole should'nt be a prob mate just let pure water run thourgh for a min before use i wuold'nt find a few tips on cleaning gutters with pole never had decent results clean on ladder with tfr in spray bottle with cloth although when i do conny roofs a spray brush with tfr to help clean the green might help you doing that

yeah i would rather do the gutters off a ladder for good results but this house has nearly all gutters above a conservatory or above a nasty angled roofs.

does putting chemical on the brush cause any probs when going back to windows? if old fairy is a prob from trad then surely putting strong chemical on brush will be worse?

Mike #1

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 07:12:09 pm »
not tfr mate i dilute mine in spray bottle i put 2 inches of tfr in bottle then top up with water works a treat on conny roofs and gutters bought mine of ebay 25 ltrs for £18.00 delivered will last me years

Martin ccs

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 07:16:39 pm »
not tfr mate i dilute mine in spray bottle i put 2 inches of tfr in bottle then top up with water works a treat on conny roofs and gutters bought mine of ebay 25 ltrs for £18.00 delivered will last me years

ok thanks for your input.

was wondering if anyone plugs in a bottle of chemical in between the hose pipe and the pole?

so best way for me to clean those impossible to reach gutters is to put tfr direct onto the brush then brush it on the gutter?

Mike #1

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 07:24:41 pm »
thats the one mate but dilute as per above its really good stuff then spray on