Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lozsing

WFP How much water?
« on: January 28, 2010, 06:03:56 pm »
I use trad method but am thinking of going to wfp,my work is 100% residential , I use a astra van at the moment, I dont want to swop vans if i can help it. I would say i do about 20 house a day eg trad 3 bed semi so to speak . I would like advice as to how much water i would be using a day as a rough guide , I realise that went changing over on 1st cleans i would probably use more initially. Any advice welcome . I have even thought about starting doing wfp upstairs and trad downstairs to start with to break my customers in slowly. I know alot of people dont like wfp on residentials .

formb

Re: WFP How much water?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 06:19:28 pm »
We established 1992.
Traditional until 2005. We tried to intigrate it slowly.
Waste of time.

Be prepared to lose 10% of your customers but, don't worry they will come back.

Take your time first time round. Clean all windows 3 times. When you get back to the begining you will find that if they were done right last month 20 a day will soon turn to 40 a day.

1000l runs 2 poles 8 hours.

Mist A Bit

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 06:21:41 pm »
in an astra van i`d carry no more than 300 ltr tank so you dont go over your payload this nwill be enough water to do all 1st floor windows if you trad ground floor. I`ve just switched over to wfp and most custys are fine with it

steve

MoemGorod

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 06:22:19 pm »

Be prepared to lose 10% of your customers but, don't worry they will come back.

Take your time first time round. Clean all windows 3 times. When you get back to the begining you will find that if they were done right last month 20 a day will soon turn to 40 a day.

1000l runs 2 poles 8 hours.

+1.
super explanation.

Vadim
www.MoemGorod.com - WFP supplier in Russia & CIS
www.MoemGorod.ru - WFP WC in Saint-Petersburg

formb

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 06:23:25 pm »
Sell your astra get something bigger you will double your income if you go all out wfp.

I swear it's true.

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 06:27:57 pm »
im gonna be doing the same on my round as well mate but i think youll end up nearly poling the lot after a few months due to it being quicker.

im getting a ford connect van and putting a 400lt tank in the back.i think thats more realistic for a days work.if im running low ill either trad bottoms or top up at custys outside tap although i think 400lt will be enough most days esp after the first cleans and im gonna get a trigger to save water.

im going DI ONLY as tap water 27 tds round here so i can top up on the job.if ur using an ro system i would think you could do with a 500lt just to be sure.you dont want to run out of water when youve only got say 3 houses to finish off.you will only get a 250lt max in the back of an astravan though! ::)
price higher/work harder!

Mike #1

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 06:36:13 pm »
i use 300 ltrs a day could probably do with carrying 50 ltrs more somedays but i make a lot more money been wfp so i dont mind finishing early some days flow rate is 1 ltr per minute , might be a ble to reduce this as i used a brodex brush for first time yesterday dont what size the jets are but the water absolutley shot out really strong jet,  crap brush though will try and see if they fit into my superlite brush as i got brodex one with pole i bought last year thought i give it a go

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 06:39:46 pm »
i wish some of you guys would stop saying you will double your income!its not true!maybe youll do an extra 20% to 40% more in a day when youve got used to the system and been round a few times.if you get an extra day/2 days a week in than you would of done trad cleaning then your doing well!

some of you are not doing many more houses a day than trad cleaners depending on the nature of your work!

and you will be SLOWER THAN TRAD for at least a month until you get used to the system.

if you currently earn about £150 a day trad then wfp you should be able to earn £200 on your regular run of the mill work.

regards dazmond

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 06:42:56 pm »
100 per cent agree m8 im quick trad can fly em went wiv a pole man
was slower wiv wfp im finding it hard  ;D ;D using nearly 400l a day
but will get better
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

formb

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 06:44:46 pm »
i wish some of you guys would stop saying you will double your income!its not true!maybe youll do an extra 20% to 40% more in a day when youve got used to the system and been round a few times.if you get an extra day/2 days a week in than you would of done trad cleaning then your doing well!

some of you are not doing many more houses a day than trad cleaners depending on the nature of your work!

and you will be SLOWER THAN TRAD for at least a month until you get used to the system.

if you currently earn about £150 a day trad then wfp you should be able to earn £200 on your regular run of the mill work.

regards dazmond
SILLY BILLY

Scrimble

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2010, 06:48:59 pm »
dazmond stop giving out WFP advice when you are trad only!!!

you dont even clean windows with a pole (trad pole doesn't count)

i have a astravan with a 210l tank, it does me just about, will be upgrading later on this year

Mike #1

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2010, 06:51:24 pm »
how is he a silly billy fromb i agree with what he said the extra work rate is about right i say have not worked it out really but when the weather is really crappy and damp it takes alot longer cleaning trad compared to a nice sunny day work at same speed all year round with wfp so it is faster than trad but i aint doing twice as much work each day thats for certain

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2010, 07:24:40 pm »
Once your up and running for 20 houses you'll be getting through no more than 400L of water, however many change to wfp so they can work faster and clean more windows.  I'd say get a 500L or bigger if it will fit and not exceed the weight capacity, before long you'll be cleaning 30 places a day.

Simon.

Mike #1

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2010, 07:49:57 pm »
20 houses all depends how big they are i could clean 30 houses a day trad average 3 bed semi or terrace without porch or conny

wizard

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2010, 09:08:33 pm »
I use 15 litre a house so 300 should do your 20 ,but you must allow for more in the start.

matt

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 09:17:50 pm »

regards dazmond

exactly

it amazes me the people who talk silly amounts on here

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 09:22:03 pm »
fair enough ive not gone wfp yet but i have talked to people who sell these systems and a few more of the down to earth realistic members on here and i dont think im far off the mark with my comments above! ;D ;D

matt

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2010, 09:27:53 pm »
when i changed over i did the upstairs with WFP and the down still trad

this worked very well, the customer didnt have the shock of the life, they got used to the new system, when doing it WFP upstairs i used to use 150 L a day at most on my domestic work

i then started to use it on conserv's as i sold it cleans the frames aswell

i have since changed over to WFP it all, why ? ? ? ? just plain laziness, its easier and you dont have to think too much

have my earnings increased, when i went from 100 % trad to 50 / 50 it didnt really increase much ( 10 % at a guess ), its increased now that i am 100 % by another 10 % nothing much really

would i go back to trad downstairs, YES i would, the customer prefer it, you leave the windows clean and dry

i now use 250 - 300 L a day

on your last few cleans trad, give the tops of the frames a really good clean, you will be half way to a good job even then

matt

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2010, 09:30:06 pm »
fair enough ive not gone wfp yet but i have talked to people who sell these systems and a few more of the down to earth realistic members on here and i dont think im far off the mark with my comments above! ;D ;D

your about right though

Mike 108

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2010, 09:32:50 pm »
I use 15 litre a house so 300 should do your 20 ,but you must allow for more in the start.

I use 15 - 20 litres per house. You will get more houses done for any amount of water if you use a 'trigger' control.