Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kudos_kid

Thinking of starting up as WC in Gateshead
« on: January 27, 2010, 03:56:47 pm »
Hi all

I've been recently thinking of starting a small window cleaning round in the North East of England. I was wondering what the going rate would be to charge custys for a 3 to 4 bed semi on council Estates. Most of these houses have been bought from the Council.

Also could anyone recommend Window Cleaning Product suppliers in This area that sell Etorrre and unger gear please. Also a good supplier of A frame ladders

Cheers

Chris
 ;)

R W C™

Re: Thinking of starting up as WC in Gateshead
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 03:59:25 pm »
http://www.windowcleancentre.co.uk/

I know this is going to cause a stir but I dont do council estates as the prices are harder to get, and I use cheque in post method and this tends to be a problem.

kudos_kid

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 06:26:57 pm »
We live in a council house that my parents bought 20 years ago. We have window cleaners come round every two weeks, they charge my mum 3 quid. Its a 3 bedrooms semi wiv conservatory. They dont clean my bedroom window or the conservatory for this price. The two guyz have a canny number of custys in the leam lane Estate Gateshead.

Id have to work my but off to make a oner a day.

jonnyald

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 06:41:43 pm »
seems you know what  the guys are charging already - are you going to be better than them?,offering an extra? ,IF so ,then charge more

it is tuff out there at the moment,  a lot of my customers are council and its challenging work, but if you offer a no- nonsense service and have a bit of charm ,you should be allrite .

i see a window guy  sometimes ,who has a big clipboard he uses after each finishing each job, and big invoices - in my opinion  that wont work  for the average council house type ,  they want a laff   .

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 09:58:02 pm »
RWC you may not get the high prices you want individually but these estate are usually compact and very quick. We charge on average £6 per flat on these estates in Plymouth and in a day make a VERY decent amount. The van gets moved just once or twice and apart from the odd one or two - you get these in every street, private or council - the tenants are good payers and decent people.

In my opinion you're missing out on good work due to a snobby attitude. No offence meant, it's just my opinion :)
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

martinsadie

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 10:02:01 pm »
http://www.windowcleancentre.co.uk/

I know this is going to cause a stir but I dont do council estates as the prices are harder to get, and I use cheque in post method and this tends to be a problem.
it will be a big problem on your posh jobs in a few years when cheques are no more  ;D ;D