This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

daztheger

Re: HOW DO I PRICE JOBS PLEASE HELP
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2010, 10:07:02 pm »
must be great living in england (£1 a window) i average about 50p a window= £4.50 for average house and can still make £25 per hour easy when working myself

elfords

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2010, 11:14:42 pm »
Its interesting how a lot are saying they charge about £1 a window, so what happens when you start cleaning 2nd, 3rd, 4th floor windows on a block of flats for example surely you don`t charge the same regardless of height or are most of you simply talking about domestic houses?
Gary

wizard

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2010, 12:57:37 am »
Mostly domestic cleans till 2 and 3 rd floor WfP only But the heigher I go i will change my price structure.The thread was about a new fellow and pricing. Dont think he had 4 th floor in mind at this stage.

mark dew

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2010, 01:30:18 am »
I think hourly rate for a newbe is a pipe dream get you price proportioned correctly then get speed and then readjust prices after first year to meet hourly rate.

I agree hourly rate is a pipe dream when starting out or converting from trad. Speed will automatically come with experience of each job.
I think price per window and multiplying is the best way to charge on domestic work.

formb

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2010, 12:05:17 pm »
We clean in squads of 2. The Industry standard layed out by FWC is £29.50 per hour per cleaner. We go for £1 per minute per 2 man squad. i.e. 10 minute house £10. 1 hour house/hotel/office £60

formb

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2010, 03:52:51 pm »

I agree hourly rate is a pipe dream when starting out or converting from trad. Speed will automatically come with experience of each job.
I think price per window and multiplying is the best way to charge on domestic work.

Remember that you WILL GET SOME PRICES WRONG !!!! Don't worry I'll bet every on here as windows they do every month and they think

"for **** sake £10 for this ******* place I must be off my ******* head"

The trick is to take the rough with the smooth Try and aim for a set daily amount.

If you price per window you will find that you dislike doing houses that have kids toys / trampolines in their garden or have akward gates etc.

An hourly rate gives you a more even kiel.