This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

sglods

HOW DO I PRICE JOBS PLEASE HELP
« on: January 26, 2010, 09:06:24 pm »
new to this going to use wfp system how do i work out how much to charge per house,live in poole or bournemouth area , do you all charge per window or house size ,do you do fronts only or front and back.

PLEASE HELP NEED ASAP THANKS

ccmids

Re: HOW DO I PRICE JOBS PLEASE HELP
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 09:17:43 pm »
hi mate , if it was me i would charge like how you would going trad .
do not  go into too much detail with the custy about wfp ,some dont like change .
or price by time think how long it would take to do that house ,but remember wfp is a lot quicker than trad .
  you will get the hang of it

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 09:30:22 pm »
pound a window plenty ov money in poole  ;D ;D ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

chopsie

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 09:38:11 pm »
I assume you mean, new to window cleaning, both wfp & trad.

Pricing question???????

You could start by your earning hours being the region of 1152 a year averaging 96 a month, then think about how many customers you want on your books, and think about your hourly rate. Think about average price, how many customers you will do in one hour (expect to average no more than 3 per hour over the year) you called also consider your cost, business & personal etc etc etc

Then you can begin to view properties.  ;)

theres nothing like keeping it simple  ???  :P ;D
chopsie

wizard

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 01:15:10 am »
I charge 1 pound per window even small ones.2 pound for french  or sliding doors. 2 pound for bay windows I pound a door back and front. I add 1 pound jus to be there 1 pound if i have to collect cash. this is monthly clean. 25% more for 8 week cleans. And 50 % more on 4 week or monthly charge for a one off clean.If the pay me on the day i clean I give the 1 pound collection back as a discount.

If the pay later than my next visi.
THis  is writen on the back of my invoice. (no one pays late.This stops missers.But costs if i have to chase them.)
Hope this helps I think it will be like pool as I also work in the south of ENGLAND.GOOD LUCK.

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 01:25:45 am »
A POUND A WINDOW! ::)i price £25 an hour.be £30 an hour when i go wfp!thats minimum.

remember a good week( 5 days) u will only actually work about 6 hours a day so ur hourly rate has got to be very important!

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

wizard

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 01:52:06 am »
I think hourly rate for a newbe is a pipe dream get you price proportioned correctly then get speed and then readjust prices after first year to meet hourly rate.

wizard

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 01:56:18 am »
dazmont which area do you  work and how long have you been the trade, you seem to fetch very good prices. I want to work in your area at 30 quid  min charge.

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 10:08:22 am »
wizard i work in cheshire and ive been going 16 years!.my round is very compact in the main.i average £25 an hour trad but when i go wfp i hope ill be quicker and be more like £30+.some hours im earning £40 an hour but not consistently!

once im wfp on most work i reckon £30+ an hour averaged out over the working week is perfectly achievable and i reckon thats what i need to earn with the higher overheads etc.once you take days missed because of weather/no holiday pay/short days/illness/injury etc,income tax,ni,equipment,van etc its not as much as you think by the time you multiply it over 52 weeks minus expenses!

nearly all my work domestic with 5 small commercial jobs.one man band.

gewindows

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 10:20:41 am »
dazmont which area do you  work and how long have you been the trade, you seem to fetch very good prices. I want to work in your area at 30 quid  min charge.

Wizard if you're not clocking £30+ an hour where you live you're doing something dreadfully wrong.

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 10:24:54 am »
a lot of my work is underpriced IMO but its very compact mainly.i am slowly increasing prices every april.the prices being banded about on here sometimes are ridiculous!depends on area and whether your round is here and there or compact.

for instance a min charge of £10 is unrealistic for me.

an example of my underpriced work.

30+ one bed granny flats.takes me 2 hours max and thats trad=£30 an hour

ill add 50p to each one in april=£38 an hour.

this work is part of one days work in a poor area.nearly all the rest of my round is in an affluent area but a lot of these are also underpriced eg £6 for small 3 bedders.

i still always have enough to pay my bills though in the winter months and go on nice holidays!like i say.a lot very compact! ;D ;D

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2010, 10:31:12 am »
i forgot to say i charge £2 a flat!YES YOU READ THAT RIGHT!yet i still make £30 an hour on these very small granny flats!i will be upping them 50p so more like £37-£38 an hour.and thats trad! ;D ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2010, 10:44:45 am »
i forgot to say i charge £2 a flat!YES YOU READ THAT RIGHT!yet i still make £30 an hour on these very small granny flats!i will be upping them 50p so more like £37-£38 an hour.and thats trad! ;D ;D
I am guessing one person pays at them prices ? £2 a flat with each one paying, half not in out shake it all about would not be worth cleaning or should I say collecting, £38 a hour is very good money if no collecting is involved its a result
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

gewindows

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2010, 11:03:30 am »
£2 a flat with each one paying, half not in out shake it all about

;D ;D

John Walker

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2010, 11:11:42 am »
I work on a pound a window/door as a basic costing and then add extra for any difficult windows. 

This was how I started costing and it's worked well for me.

Need to keep it straightforward when starting up too.
BaxWalker Window Cleaning

wizard

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2010, 03:32:34 pm »
Sorry guys read your post at 30 pound a hour wrong I thought per house. £30 pound per hour  I do get and more at times I averege 10 to 18 pound per house, min charge  per small 3 windows and sliding door house is 8.50 But I get that for a 3 window flat as well. do you thing this is rite or am I to cheap.

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2010, 04:07:53 pm »
nearly all the grannys are in so 90% pay me when i clean!wizard there are no set prices!u make em up!its your business!i think your too expensive by a mile if u charge £18 for a 3 bedder.

north west where i live(salford) the cost of living a lot cheaper.i couldnt charge anywhere near that amount for a standard house!

im moving on up from bargain basement WC to mid range WC slowly but surely!some of you are a rip off IMO when its comes to pricing so dont moan if u get undercut or dumped sometimes! ;D ;D

like i said ive a lot of compact work so i tend to keep these prices lower.stand alones are more in some of your price ranges! ;) :) ;D

wizard

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2010, 06:10:47 pm »
I think I am reasonable as I clean frames ans sills every time the guys who charge a little less do not do froams and sills they basicly in and out in 5 min. Matt bateman is in my area he has just confirmed he felt i must not go under 30 per hour and I spend 20 - 30 min per house. I am happy with what I earn and my custies are happy with my price and work , Akos remember I am in the south of England.Prices a heigher here. I see the norht as a lot cheaper.

evil genius

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2010, 06:20:43 pm »
i think your too expensive by a mile if u charge £18 for a 3 bedder.

i wish my customers are willing to pay that much for a 3bed to be done.
round here for a 3bed semi without and conservatory, i charge around £8

ian
Stratford upon avon & Coventry pressure washing
www.mbsurfacecleaning.co.uk
www.mbuildsc.co.uk

poole bay

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2010, 07:39:32 pm »
i charge £10 pound min i used to use the method 30p a pain ov glass, some time a bunglow will work out at £45 lol but then you use your loaf a £1 a window sound like ok i think i might start doing it that way and always go in with a good price my avrage house is around £18 for a detatched i live in poole tooo regards poolebay...