Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

STEVE-UK

Rather them than me
« on: January 26, 2010, 07:43:01 pm »
 :o

gewindows

Re: Rather them than me
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 07:49:41 pm »
 ;)

ccmids

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 07:51:17 pm »
that s mad  :o :o

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 07:54:51 pm »
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

STEVE-UK

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 08:01:23 pm »
Near Hounslow i think

STEVE-UK

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 08:02:34 pm »
looks a bit of a stretch to the top of the window

elite mike

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 08:04:38 pm »
a buttshaking moment ;)

wezzy32

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 08:22:39 pm »
if he fell from there he'd need more than a plaster ;D ;D
keep on smiling

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 08:23:12 pm »
done higher but wouldnt thank u for it now  ;D ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Ian_Giles

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 08:26:06 pm »
Pah! Nothing to it, used to do that all the time (ask Tosh..oops, you can't :-X)

Seriously though, I used to work at that kind of height and higher, usually on my tod with no one footing the ladder.

looking back I can't believe how dangerously I used to work.

When Squeaky used to work for me I also had another guy, they were working together on a big office, the other guy (Not squeaky!) was working the second  floor (about 30ft) and as the ladder was pretty bendy, he stepped off it to do the first floor window (deep sills), was windy at the time and the wind blew the ladder over leaving him stranded on the window sill...
The ladder crashed over and across the width of the road...between two cars driving down it!! :o

Net result was a slightly bend ladder that was a sod to extend...no other repercussions.
Can you imagine being in that position now in today's Health & safety world?

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Martin ccs

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 08:28:49 pm »
brings back bad memories of when i worked for used to work for someone. always getting stitched up with all the nasty jobs whilst the fat bosses just sat in the van on the phone - still it gave me the push to go out and run my own business.

done worse than that! job like that but ladder had to go on a 4.5 ft brick wall! before wfp was really about tho.

wouldnt do that now for a grand.

amayze

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 08:33:16 pm »
5 mins before this picture was taken, two blokes sat in van, discussed their next job and decided to play best of 5 paper, scissors, stone !

wizard

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2010, 01:31:26 am »
THey will also need a new brain even if they do not fall. I thought ladder above the second floor a not legal. H s problem.

trevor perry

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2010, 08:51:56 am »
that ladder looks about 30ft we used to use sixty footers often without people footing it was the normal when i started
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Ta-ra

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2010, 09:07:11 am »
That's nothing!  When I were a lad, we used 100' ladders perched on coffee tables to clear gutters, and me old Da would fit castors to the tables to make it easier to move me and my sister from one place to another.  We used to sleep in a hole in ground, and eat iron filings for tea.
 ;D

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2010, 09:09:44 am »
that ladder looks about 30ft we used to use sixty footers often without people footing it was the normal when i started

Its all very well saying what we USE to do, we have different H&S policies now, ladders higher than 6m has to be secured to the building/scaffolding.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

amayze

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2010, 09:25:15 am »
And Matt(MB) after seeing that pic - I'm kinda glad H&S policies exist !!

G Griffin

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2010, 09:29:39 am »
That's nothing!  When I were a lad, we used 100' ladders perched on coffee tables to clear gutters, and me old Da would fit castors to the tables to make it easier to move me and my sister from one place to another.  We used to sleep in a hole in ground, and eat iron filings for tea.
 ;D

You were lucky...... ;D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2010, 09:31:24 am »
I would rather turn the job down (which i have on many occassions) than put myself in that sort of danger....
If that block is run by a management company they obviously dont know or care that these boys are working like this.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2010, 09:43:54 am »
I would rather turn the job down (which i have on many occassions) than put myself in that sort of danger....
If that block is run by a management company they obviously dont know or care that these boys are working like this.

Sometimes it's a resident's association that get windows done and occasionally they aren't clued up on health and safety.
It's a game of three halves!