This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jack Wallace

Has anyone tried this method of advertising?
« on: January 26, 2010, 06:15:54 pm »
I have just had half a dozen signs made. A local signage firm did them for me at a cost of about 3 quid each, they are A4 size and made from some kind of thick white plastic. (Very professional looking)
Each sign says "looking for a window cleaner? We are now working in this area." blah blah blah with all my contact details.
I have screwed each to a small stake and put them at the end of the road on various estates locally where the cars slow for junctions.
The idea is to leave them out for a few days maybe a week then move them on. (If they are still there)
I am sure the odd one will be pinched but at £3 who cares.
It will be interesting to see if I get any response.

glen parva

Re: Has anyone tried this method of advertising?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 06:18:23 pm »
have you a picture

ive seen these on vistaprint looks a good idea
would like to no if it works
cheers john

SteveAllan

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 06:20:21 pm »
i ve done that jack with good results, also have an A board that i dump all over the place. just dont leave them there too long or the council will bin em, keep moving them around thats what i do. I also got some 8ft banners made that i put actually on the roundabouts that was also good but you have to remove them at night or some bugger will nick em

daz1977

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 06:24:30 pm »
have u checked with the local council, if you can advertise where you put them, different councils have different rules,  there is a bloke who advertise liek that where i live  but he puts them in people gardens,  they are largish signs

Jack Wallace

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 06:29:51 pm »
have u checked with the local council, if you can advertise where you put them, different councils have different rules,  there is a bloke who advertise liek that where i live  but he puts them in people gardens,  they are largish signs
I have no doubt I am breaking some rules. My local council dont like it if you step on the cracks on pavements.
If someone rings me I will plead ignorant, It wont be hard after all "I am only a window cleaner"  ;)

ccmids

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 06:48:54 pm »
I am sure the odd one will be pinched but at £3 who cares, who is going to nick them with that on them. must be some nutters round there,

good idea though

SteveAllan

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 06:56:54 pm »
Just do it jack, the council wont let you if you ask, ive been doing it over a year now ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 07:06:18 pm »
I have just had half a dozen signs made. A local signage firm did them for me at a cost of about 3 quid each, they are A4 size and made from some kind of thick white plastic. (Very professional looking)
Each sign says "looking for a window cleaner? We are now working in this area." blah blah blah with all my contact details.
I have screwed each to a small stake and put them at the end of the road on various estates locally where the cars slow for junctions.
The idea is to leave them out for a few days maybe a week then move them on. (If they are still there)

Well worth a try at that price :D
Jack could you email me a pic of one ? if so design@windowwashers.co.uk

Thanks Ian
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Ian_Giles

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 07:13:27 pm »
I like that idea, was going to go down that route myself at one point...

Hope it works well for you, don't forget to let us know how it goes  ;)

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

ccmids

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 07:36:38 pm »
im going to try it , put one at the end of our road ;) see what happens.

richywilts

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 07:39:04 pm »
i had similar ones made up too i tied mine at traffic lights got a bit of work from what i remember when i first started bout yr n half ago problem was the number was a bit too little at the bottom so anyone with bad eyesight would have been able to read maybe go one bigger than a4 just a thought
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

ccmids

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 07:40:41 pm »
what s the next size a3 would that be too big

Steve CM

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 07:49:19 pm »
i really like that idea. can't believe i never thought of it.

When i used to run club nights we used to actually wall paper paste a2 posters to the back of road signs. god knows how we never got fined for it ;D

It certiantly got us noticed anyways and was great advertising ;)

p1w1

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2010, 08:03:29 pm »
What details have you put on it just a phone number or other things like web address etc. it's great idea..

paul

jefftemperley

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2010, 08:09:33 pm »
i did it with boards the same size as estate agents,  i got an asbo!!  from colchester council,

i found i didnt get a lot from them, the best way is still door knocking ............ unfortunately!
bad weather always looks worse through dirty windows

Jack Wallace

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2010, 09:06:12 pm »

Well worth a try at that price :D
Jack could you email me a pic of one ? if so design@windowwashers.co.uk

Thanks Ian
on its way.

stevef78

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2010, 09:26:27 pm »

hia mate me and richy wilts have done this with massive banners,a few have been removed by highways agency and a cpl have been robbed(i know,tramps!!!) however they have generated quite alot of buisness,good luck..!! steve

jimboo

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2010, 09:56:57 pm »
yip, have done it with 2x3 est agency boards[ my mate makes em]
details and BIG phone no. drill 4 holes in em and cable tie em on posts at junctions etc.   put en bout 10 ft up so the kids cant get em
 got fair few jobs from em ;)

wizard

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2010, 01:01:59 am »
I worked in the estate agency business can charge if its on the pavement .This is council property we as estate agency company paid many fines check with your council don’t tell you want to advertise window cleaning Just tell them you are thinking you want to advertise a new service to the area. The problem the people is the street call the council and complain .There is always a pain in the ask in t5he street. But do research it.