This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stevieg

varistream switching itself on !!!!!!!!!!
« on: January 26, 2010, 05:31:02 pm »
Hi, Came back to my van to find the brush pouring water out on the street,the varistream had switched itself on!!! If you are thinking that we must have left it on{so did we)it did it again while we were having lunch,any ideas?ps it is the new digital type.

Slash

Re: varistream switching itself on !!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 07:16:19 pm »
Is your van haunted ;D

Steve CM

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 07:35:10 pm »
i've had the same before. its only a quick fix but if you take the fuse out when your not using it then it won't switch on

stevieg

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 09:51:57 pm »
Steven did you ever resolve permanently the problem?

Steve CM

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 10:02:46 pm »
nope and i still use the same one now ;D

dai

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 10:11:52 pm »
I fitted a switch on the live feed from the Varistream to the pump, you can then leave the Varistream switched on all day.
You stop the pump with the new switch which can be mounted outside the pumpbox.
This is the only way if you ever think of using a remote control too, otherwise you have to keep going back to the van to turn it on.

p1w1

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 10:29:54 pm »
I had this exact same problem last year with mine. I had the pump and battery in the same box with the varistream outside the box on top, after a while the wires and connections on the battery used to get wet and stay damp all the time this is when the problems started when i took everything out the box and had it all seperate and cleaned the problem stopped so i think it was due to the wires and connections being damp all the time. Not sure if it's causing your problem tho

paul

stevieg

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 10:31:43 pm »
My varistream is near the battery so i can just disconnect the clip,but i would prefer to use it as it was meant. Out of interest you mention using a remote(which i have in the past)Like a lot of people on here i got dissolusioned with them.Are you saying that yours works ok?I cant remember but mine either switched on but not off or the other way around!!

dai

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 10:42:42 pm »
My varistream is near the battery so i can just disconnect the clip,but i would prefer to use it as it was meant. Out of interest you mention using a remote(which i have in the past)Like a lot of people on here i got dissolusioned with them.Are you saying that yours works ok?I cant remember but mine either switched on but not off or the other way around!!
I don't use one myself as I have a trolley, but a guy on the DIY forum had the problem that he could switch the varistream off but not back on again.
If the power to the Varistream is disrupted, then you have to turn it back on again, but if you wire the switch on the live feed from the Varistream to the pump it's OK as the power to the Varistream is still on, you can then turn it off or on from the remote.
You are switching the pump on and off, not the Varistream.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 10:53:10 pm »
I've had mine do it, and mine's an old analogue one.

Couple of hundred litres peeing out down the road... ;D

stevieg

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 10:53:30 pm »
Thanks,does this work from long distances and through the van itself?Is nothing else required?

Steve CM

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 11:10:17 pm »
i find i have to compromise equipments use all the time. If i didn't it would cost me cash all the time. I have a reel that snapped the handle off. you can still use it ok just need to take the handle on and off after every use ;D ends of the sl2 have chipped away heavily but they still connect in and work correctly. One of the varistreams doesn't switch off correctly. one of my inline fuses melted so i bypassed it (mind you that melted a vari so i wouldn't recommend it ;D) all my cutoff switches have gone pop so now they are all bypassed.....get my drift....see how much money i have saved by putting up with it? 8) ;D

i know a guy who is an engineer by trade and he does his nut when he sees all these things. It all has to be working 100% correctly. He also only cleans about 10 houses a day and i can see why ;D

Londoner

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2010, 09:19:53 am »
After the first two varistrems I had packed up because the switches wore out I have wired an on off switch into the line and leave the varistream permanently on. I don't know if this would work for the digital version.
Day to day operation I just use the remote switch and never touch the varistream.

stevieg

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2010, 09:43:56 am »
Do you use this from a van mount ? If so, is it reliable, as i stated previously, i had all sorts of problems!!

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2010, 09:55:58 am »
i find i have to compromise equipments use all the time. If i didn't it would cost me cash all the time. I have a reel that snapped the handle off. you can still use it ok just need to take the handle on and off after every use ;D ends of the sl2 have chipped away heavily but they still connect in and work correctly. One of the varistreams doesn't switch off correctly. one of my inline fuses melted so i bypassed it (mind you that melted a vari so i wouldn't recommend it ;D) all my cutoff switches have gone pop so now they are all bypassed.....get my drift....see how much money i have saved by putting up with it? 8) ;D

i know a guy who is an engineer by trade and he does his nut when he sees all these things. It all has to be working 100% correctly. He also only cleans about 10 houses a day and i can see why ;D
Same here.
My pole is split and taped up on every section, my clear hose leaks, my pump has a mind of it's own and my microbore is going bald. ;D
Apart from the tank and the brush head I could do with an entire new system, but that would cost hundreds and meanwhile I'm still working...

Steve CM

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2010, 11:40:46 am »

Same here.
My pole is split and taped up on every section, my clear hose leaks, my pump has a mind of it's own and my microbore is going bald. ;D
Apart from the tank and the brush head I could do with an entire new system, but that would cost hundreds and meanwhile I'm still working...

i've learned to adjust to most things. why spend money all the time if you don't need to? as long as it doesn't effect the working then why bother? i don't!