This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bridger windows

Has anyone ever gone back to traditional?
« on: January 25, 2010, 12:20:48 pm »
Has anyone after changing to wfp gone back to traditional methods. I know its hard to start with but I'm finding it hard to see how it will be much quicker when all first cleans are de - soaped. And even if it is quicker, how it will be so much quicker that I will get a return on my huge investment!?

daz1977

Re: Has anyone ever gone back to traditional?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 01:15:58 pm »
wfp is quicker and easier, it just take s a few months to see the benefits of it,   i have been using it for about 4 months now and am starting to find that i am getting arond the houses in about half the time it use to take me, what takes time is packing and unpacking,,  u just find where is best to park your van,  i find that trad now takes longer as you have got to make sure that it is perfect or it runs

SteveAllan

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 03:29:11 pm »
Depends on the nature of your round. I went straight to wfp via me trolley but only use it on leaded now, i'm quicker with me wagtail. Thats just me though, but like i say depends on your round.

birdymiller

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 04:42:25 pm »
I am another that has been lured into wfp after reading on here how fast it is. Only use it here and there now, gone back to trad for the majority. I think if you are a pretty competent trad cleaner then you are just as fast as wfp after you have taken into account refills, hose tangling, reeling and moving vehicles. The only positive i can get from wfp is safety. Its not loads faster and not worth all the hastle.

Martin ccs

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 04:49:28 pm »
surely its faster for the hard to reach/access windows?

most be quicker for conservatories & pvc frames?

i think a mix of both is prob best - both just methods of window cleaning at the end of the day.

poole bay

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 04:56:40 pm »
iv been wfp for about 6 years i no the places on my round where the tube gets stuck you no for the next time it takes me longer to get ladder of  clip on and that it takes me 5 seconds to get sorted with the pole if i had to go back i would give up still do the odd house with the tradish tools iv doubled my takings but all on the round you got my avrage house is 15 to 18 pound so good for me....

L.Doubtfire - The Blade Runner

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 05:04:09 pm »
Hi Bridger,yes,there`s many jobs I`ve gone back to `trad`.
Loads of jobs where `trading`is much quicker and also
Ya get a gauranteed finish.
WFP is just onother tool in our armoury.
Don`t get me wrong,I would`nt want to be without my system,
If all glass was hydrophilic I might think different,but that’s
Another story I guess.

Lewis  Doubtfire.
L. Doubtfire
Window Cleaner

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 05:09:15 pm »
Has anyone after changing to wfp gone back to traditional methods. I know its hard to start with but I'm finding it hard to see how it will be much quicker when all first cleans are de - soaped. And even if it is quicker, how it will be so much quicker that I will get a return on my huge investment!?

The only time I did that briefly was quite recently.  I wanted to minimise the water used due to freeze ups so I did trad on the ground floor over the more vulnerable areas.  That was exceptional though and I wouldn't do it normally.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 05:27:48 pm »
Most of us think about going back in the first couple of months, as it seems a lot of bother, but stick with it.

Although it gets easier after the first 2 or 3 cleans with it, I'd say to be properly into it and know what you're doing takes a good 6 months.

JSMC

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 06:21:32 pm »
WFP has its plac ein my round but so doe strad. some house si need to trad certain windows as wfp just keeps leaving marks pon them no matter how many times i have used it. I use both and  thats the way i like it.

gary mallett

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 07:53:43 pm »
yeh im off back to trad im   sick of getting my work done quicker and safer anybody who has got a wfp set up and does most of there work trad must be a muppet. and all those wfp guys who only use it on certain types of glass your muppets as well . i use it on every upstairs window and a lot of bottoms. and it is a big mix of different houses and glass . i dont get any moans . you should learn to use it properly .

G Griffin

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010, 07:56:17 pm »
yeh im off back to trad im   sick of getting my work done quicker and safer anybody who has got a wfp set up and does most of there work trad must be a muppet. and all those wfp guys who only use it on certain types of glass your muppets as well . i use it on every upstairs window and a lot of bottoms. and it is a big mix of different houses and glass . i dont get any moans . you should learn to use it properly .
So 50-50 then?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

ccmids

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2010, 07:58:29 pm »
i only do trad if i have too , most of my work is wfp thank god.

prestigeclean

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2010, 08:35:47 pm »
spot on gary , wfp is so much quicker than trad , if you think trad is faster you are doing something wrong regards alan

SteveAllan

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2010, 08:41:45 pm »
yawn, there's always one, or two in this case.

Mike 108

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2010, 08:55:01 pm »

Although it gets easier after the first 2 or 3 cleans with it, I'd say to be properly into it and know what you're doing takes a good 6 months.

I agree. Even after 2 years, I'm still discovering ways to save time e.g. best place to park van (so as to service most houses), which house to start with, which window to start with, best order in which to clean (front, then back or upstairs, then downstairs), which windows require least attention/most attention, how best to lay out/reel in the hose, to wfp the doors or just clean with damp microfibre. Even what length the pole needs to be to avoid unnecessary extending/retracting.

You will get much, much quicker, feel better/less tired and have peace of mind with regards to your safety and future income, and will be able to take on bigger, better paid jobs when the opportunity arises.

Mike

firefly123

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2010, 09:09:18 pm »
been trad 20 years wfp 3 years use the wfp has an aid to the job  some times its  alot faster trad   :D
shiney one

dai

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2010, 09:46:23 pm »
I do my work nearly all WFP, but I do think the time saving aspect is greatly exaggerated. Quicker yes, but not twice as quick, unless your doing leads or Georgians.

bridger windows

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2010, 09:20:39 pm »
Thanks for all your replies have to stay positive!!!!

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2010, 09:35:45 pm »
WFP is a lot faster than trad, FACT.

Maybe not on a specific window, or even a specific house, but over the course of a week or month you WILL get more work done with WFP.

That, along with the safety aspect, makes WFP a no brainer.

Agreed, the recent cold weather has been a pain ( no pun intended ) but using a ladder in an icy garden isn't wise either, and the amount of times I put water onto a shop window only to see it freeze before I managed to squeegy it off is unreal.

BUT, over the course of a working year I can see no way possible that trad can even begin to compete with WFP. I've just picked up a contract cleaning two four story office blocks - 405 windows, in and out - I wouldn't have been able to even consider a large, well paying job like that if I were restricted to working from a ladder.

So, all you trad cleaners who think WFP is too much hassle, too expensive, not as quick as we reckon it is, etc, etc, just imagine the doors that would open to you simply because you operate a WFP system.

I would go so far as to say that if you a serious window cleaning business intending to expand and become a "serious player" you NEED WFP; FACT!!
Come and talk dirty to us!!!