This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Wrekin C S

New Van?
« on: January 20, 2010, 06:07:24 pm »
I currently have a ford transit van Y reg its got quite a bit of rust coming on it now - engines in good order with 84k though I was wondering wether to get the rust and paintwork done on it but not sure on spending the money only for the rust to come back in a year or so.

Second option is to get rid of my car and van and buy a newer van to use for everything so less running costs of 2 vehicles.

Which option do you think I should go for pro n cons?

If you think new van which do use or what would you recommend?

Slash

Re: New Van?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 06:58:59 pm »
I would'nt bother getting the rust done,the wheel arches will be riddled with rust within a year,I have an 04 reg Transit and must admit the bodywork is not great,even the inside of the roof has rust,they are rust buckets ,they are very reliable vans but the bodywork on them is crap,it's far too big for what I need but I thought the bigger the van the higher the payload but now I know thats not always the case,something like a Transit Connect would suit me much better,I have a SWB Transit 280 and find the access to 30% of my domestic properties is almost impossible,it is fitted with a 500 litre Pure Freedom system with loads of room left,far too big but like I say something smaller like a Connect size with a similar payload would suit me batter,ah well........you live and learn ;)
The bigger the van the bigger the ego gets ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Proclean ne

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 07:31:19 pm »
Just sold my 2003 transit, arches exactly the same .Van looked clean in white ,stickered up,wheel trims looked clean pulling up to custys houses but when got close bodywork crap,then the fuel pump was weeping very slightly so thought get it advertised.Phone never stopped 1st person bought it.Sold it at a profit too.It is hard to find clean ones.Most transits are hard worked.Good ridence to mine.lol

macmac

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 07:33:36 pm »
Just sold my 2003 transit, arches exactly the same .Van looked clean in white ,stickered up,wheel trims looked clean pulling up to custys houses but when got close bodywork crap,then the fuel pump was weeping very slightly so thought get it advertised.Phone never stopped 1st person bought it.Sold it at a profit too.It is hard to find clean ones.Most transits are hard worked.Good ridence to mine.lol

What does the "ne" stand for?

Proclean ne

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 07:34:51 pm »
north east mate

macmac

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 08:07:23 pm »

Wrekin C S

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 10:20:03 pm »
Its such a reliable van would of had it 3 years in june - what van have you got now mac?

Are the Renault Trafic vans any good think Vauxhall vivaros are same shape?

Slash

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 07:32:44 am »
The gear boxes are very dodgy on them,I think the ones after 06 are fine though but check them out before you buy one,theres alot of negative feedback about them on here

pingu

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 07:37:05 am »
Anyone investigated the new Berlingo?...they look nice and I would imagine a 400 or 500 litre will fit in just fine....big enough to do the job but small enough to park easy and move around tight estates.

Cheers
Dave.

Wrekin C S

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 05:35:44 pm »
Was thinking of buying the red one on page 2 on here dont know if there anygood though gonna put my 650litre 2 man setup in the back - any of you got one of these vans?

http://www.vanland.co.uk/11952/showroom.htm

matt

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 05:40:00 pm »
if its just the body work

you could consider a WRAP, they will wrap the van and it will hide the body work for a good few years, yes the rust will be hidden and will spread, but it makes it look alot tidier

before you take it in though, sand back the rust area and treat them with a "rust eater" and that will steam the tide

JRDEasiReach

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 05:59:00 pm »
Im needing to get something a little bit bigger than my current 99 vw caddy too but dont know what to go for, am thinking something a little fresher into the noughties but still something that is easy on the juice, would like a bigger tank in the van too, maybe 500 ltr anyone recommend something, but must have 3 seats as i need to take both wife and the wee boy in mornings, hassle at the minute running back and forth.
JRD Easi Reach
'The Ladderless Window Cleaning System'

Wrekin C S

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2010, 12:11:32 am »
How much is a full wrap?

Are the Mercedes Vito Vans any good? Anyone got one?

Frankybadboy

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2010, 09:13:31 am »
vito is a good van,my mate swears by it.

also not dear for parts either which was a surpise.

jrd
a citreon dispatch type van will do you very well.three seat in the front with some models.

kordun

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2010, 09:27:53 pm »
we got mercedes vito and its great. plesure to drive,lots of space,never breaks down,no rust,no problems with engine or anything else

its MERCEDES

steve a

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2010, 09:42:17 pm »
we got mercedes vito and its great. plesure to drive,lots of space,never breaks down,no rust,no problems with engine or anything else

its MERCEDES

How old is the Vito kordun.

Most of these that I see over 4 years old are full of rust at the bottom of the doors and round the wheel arches, something to do with using recycled steel ,or so i heard.

Mike_G

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2010, 09:50:22 pm »
I have an 04 vito and it has got a few rust spots already which is a pain but it can be sorted easy enough I guess for about £300 The van itself has not let me down once in the two and a half years that I have owned it.

Wrekin C S

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2010, 10:21:53 pm »
I do like the look of the newer shape vito and the t5 transporter they are a couple of grand more than the likes of trafic etc but I guess you pay the extra for reliability which is really important in any business  - get what you pay for I guess - where sells good used vans is there a van supermarket or something - got ripped with cars before from dodgy garages and private sales and want to go recommended.

Wrekin C S

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2010, 10:08:12 pm »
Im still looking into this I dont know wether to buy a new van or used - either way I need to finance

Have any of you purchased a New van recently?

If so what sort and where from?

Thanks

jr windows

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2010, 11:16:14 pm »
This is what u need. A proper van