Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Karl Wildey

Homeserve - To rule the world.
« on: June 19, 2005, 10:58:46 am »
Did a suite yesterday for a nice lass, who worked for Highway Glass, well actually Homeserve, who brought HG last year.
Also did  a flood a few months back and the plumber was from Homeserve.
The nice lass yesterday said they are buying like crazy. At present some of the HG vans are being re-sign written to Homeserve. So when they get all they companys together and write homeserve on the side of all the vans, the roads will be full of red and white vans.

Glad I got a white van, at least I will stand out from the crowd  8) 8) 8)

John Kelly

Re: Homeserve - To rule the world.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 04:46:17 pm »
Your probably right. They bought DRL, Chem-Dry and there is now talk of them buying ISS Damage Management aka Rainbow.

John Kelly

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 04:48:10 pm »
Forgot to mention they already own Regency at home. That would be 3 major carpet cleaning companies with the drive of Homeserve behind them.

therapist

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005, 05:43:52 pm »
Just checked the Homeserve website, as, apart from on here, I've never heard of them.

They appear to be sellers of insurance and providors of services to claimants via retailers.

As such, they are HOPING, people will use their services when things go wrong and when maintenance is required.

This will not always happen.

Almost every suite we've cleaned for the past 10 years, at least , has carried the legend.............

Cleaning should be carried out by professional cleaners.....we recommend C/D -  R/ bow - Stainmaster.......

So why am I, or you there ?

From my experience, the main reason is due to the cost of cleaning, quoted by the ' approved  ' company.

Yes, I know, a few of you are just as expensive and  ' GOOD LUCK TO YOU "

You, however, will be the ones competing ' head to head ' with Homeserve, while, others, more competetively priced and  every bit as good at delivering a quality service, have nothing to fear,

Just the way I see it.....

r m

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2005, 05:58:14 pm »
and i agree with the therapist completly
listen,learn.and benefit. try. reward.and love, peace harmony.feng shui. and all that. it improves ones selling .to ones customers.reap THE HARVEST WHILST YOU CAN. and try to crush the opposition.

Len Gribble

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2005, 07:59:38 pm »
John

Don’t ISS own another restoration company can’t remember name.

Have seen two of there motors on the road one the way to Faversham and the other in New Cross.

Robert

Think Guardsman need too keep an eye out!

Quoted today yes very sad! Label s/m, other point my leaflet about 12 to 18 months old.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

John Kelly

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2005, 09:12:11 pm »
Iss own what used to be called Ark & General.

Homeserve sell warranties for domestic pipework which usually isn't covered on your home insurance. If you have a leak they send one of their plumbers to fix it. Prevents you getting ripped off by cowboy plumbers. This was the start of the business which was an idea by the founders, in their early 30's and multi millionaires.
They then progressed on to offering glazing and other services to the insurance companies. Buying up plumbing and glazing companies along the way.
They bought Regency who supply warranties to furniture retailers. Regency apply fabric protector to suites and carpets then attend to any staining over the period of the warranty. Because of the downturn in business with the loss of Courts they are pushing to obtain carpet & upholstery cleaning to keep their technicians busy.

The next big idea was to provide the insurance companies with a one stop shop for all their claims. First on the list was DRL (Disaster Restoration Ltd) I don't know whether this was a mistake or what but they then went on to buy Chem-Dry, as well as Sergon, a national; building network set up by Gab Robbins Loss Adjusters.
They now have Chem-Dry who have about 250 franchisees with over 600 technicians between them. Chem-Dry carry out restoration work for 23 Insurance companies, 30 million quids worth of work a year. Chem-Dry are pushing for large commercial contracts such as hotel chains.
Rumour they are after ISS who run Rainbow, they are probably after the commercial restoration work which used to be carried out by Ark & General, where that leaves the Rainbow franchisees is anyones guess.
I don't think Homeserve will have a major impact on the small carpet cleaning businesses but they will be competing at the pricier end. They'll also prevent a lot of independants picking up any Insurance work, although there are over 120 Insurance companies.       As far as I'm aware Servicemaster pay manufacturers to put those labels in, part of their marketing strategy.

therapist

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2005, 11:15:43 pm »
Guardsman bought Safeclean, with the same objective, ie, to sell and service maintenance/insurance

It's a sensible strategy - get the everpriced protection work - sell insurance  - which few claim  - then get the repairs and cleaning.

Obviously it's a percentages business and I really don't think too many of us need lose any sleep. they will always be pricing at the top end, having a high overhead, which few independents have.

pleasant dreams

r m

John_Flynn

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2005, 11:23:49 pm »
Int it GREAT when companies out there put up the prices for us ???

Keep up the good work BIG BOYS.
I get better looking each day!!

triumph cleaning

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2005, 03:42:09 pm »
Homeserve!!!!!  B******s!  I was a field service manager with regecy@home and a number of us were made redundant owing to the downturn in the market.  A week later they are announcing the purchase of chem-dry.  Theres no work but we will spend a few million on another company anyway!
Employment Tribunal is coming up soon, can't wait!
Ali Triumph

nick p

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2005, 10:18:39 am »
hi
i used to be a field service manager to for regency walked out though after problems about pay rises they like to dangle the carrot and then nothing

nick